By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it just me or 3DS is... Magicians's Quest announced! New Scans for Layton vs Ace Attorney! Toriko First Screens, it's a... RPG?

Tagged games:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad 14 3.28%

Meh 26 6.09%

Good 58 13.58%

Awesome 325 76.11%

Total:423
VicViper said:
Michael-5 said:

Yea, unless you want to start on the GBA Fire Emblems, the 3DS is an excellent title to start on. I think Famitsu gave it 36/40, which is really good. Paper Mario is also an excellent RPG, but it's just not as good as Super Mario RPG for the SNES.

Man you're missing out. GBA-3DS are excellent for turn based strategy RPG's, it's the reason why I got my DS (Advance Wars) and waiting on 3DS (Fire Emblem). Final Fantasy Tactics and Ogre Battle are excellent too. Some with PSP, many regard Jeanne D'Arc as one of the best titles on the system and it's not that different from Fire Emblem.

You won't get the next Metroid, but you're dying to hear about it???

As for a 3DS redesign, I'm just being hopeful. GBA has a huge redesign when they made the GBA SP, but the change from DS phat to DS lite wasn't that dramatic. Still, I just don't want a system where the screens touch. Probably going to get a 3DS XL anyway, which does feature a small redesign, but anyway....I'm being hopeful.

Third Parties? I'm not interested in too many third party games yet, I think they are waiting for the install base to grow before we see anything big yet. I'll get Tales of the Abyss and Resident Evil when I get my 3DS, and maybe Bravery Default, but I don't see anything special from third parties just yet.

Yeah, Nintendo really did a fine job in this latest Fire Emblem, you can tell just by looking (at the game and at sales... and also the artwork, the boxart is fantastic, for example)

I was never a big fan of strategy rpgs - most likely cause I never played them much and because I thought they would cause high doses of stress. But it was something I wanted to address and Pokemon Conquest seemed to do the job nicely. So I tried it, really liked the game. Not the best ever, but very complex and charming and no way stressful as I feared strategy games were - starcraft 2, for example, melts my brain everytime. So now I'm just willing to pass to the next level, and Fire Emblem is the game I chose to do it.

As for Metroid, no no! I said I won't get [from Nintendo] is a Zelda in the same way as the DS Zeldas... because now the best screen is the top one. They wouldn't make a touch only zelda, not using the upper screen for the action, which is a shame, imo, cause I really loved the mechanics that this offers. But wahtever they announce it's a must buy, Zelda is a series that can go no wrong.

Metroid I will probably buy whatever they release too, but I prefer a 2D one. Just like 2D Mario before, Nintendo is now in debt with the world for a real 2D Metroid.

This is why I like turn based strategy JRPG's. They are complex, and have deep stories, but aren't too challenging. Fire Emblem is a bit of a b**** in the way that players defeated never come back (but in the unlocalized FE12, the option to remove that is there), but still it's an excellent franchise.

If you're intimidated by the genre, try Advance Wars. It gets progressivly more difficult and by the end it trains you fairly well.

As for Metroid, I kind of agree. Metroid Other M wasn't satisfying and Hunters, while a technical marvel, lacked story and depth. Ideally I'd like one 2D and one 3D Metroid, but If I had to pick, I would ask for a 2D iteration, just because it would expand the story a bit better then a 3D iteration. 3D Metroids work better on a console where they can give you that sense of isolation better.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
MANUELF said:
Michael-5 said:

Why wasn't Fire Emblem givin a visual representation? Didn't that game sell better then half the games on that list, plus every other Fire Emblem game at 400k?

I believe it was because the thread was made after it released

Yea, but so was Pokemon, and a few other games on the list.

No, no, they weren't released yet. Pokémon BW2 was released one day after this thread was created, Fire Emblem released a couple of months before.

None of the 20 games I listed was released back then. With Monster Hunter 4 it would have been the dream team for the year.

The people who rated it as bad on the poll are irrevelvant!

NintendoPie said:

It's our job to convert these stray lambs.

Logic56 is yours, good luck.

VicViper said:
NintendoPie said:

It's our job to convert these stray lambs.

Logic56 is yours, good luck.

Oh dear Lord! That'll prove to be very tough. xD

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Nobody said it would be easy

But if everything fails use our secret weapon. Nothing can resist this:

Nothing! Even the hardest of spirits breaks at 1:55!

It's such a powerful weapon, use it wisely.

If this game can look (and sound) as good as this, imagine the next pokémon, which will probably run on the same engine or something.

Simply amazing, imo.

VicViper said:
NintendoPie said:

No!!! We musn't let out our secrets!

VicViper said:
Michael-5 said:
MANUELF said:
Michael-5 said:

Why wasn't Fire Emblem givin a visual representation? Didn't that game sell better then half the games on that list, plus every other Fire Emblem game at 400k?

I believe it was because the thread was made after it released

Yea, but so was Pokemon, and a few other games on the list.

No, no, they weren't released yet. Pokémon BW2 was released one day after this thread was created, Fire Emblem released a couple of months before.

None of the 20 games I listed was released back then. With Monster Hunter 4 it would have been the dream team for the year.

Oh it seems that way....

Still.......

It should of had a cover in the top 20. lol

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

VicViper said:
NintendoPie said:

Oh I miss that game!