By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it just me or 3DS is... Magicians's Quest announced! New Scans for Layton vs Ace Attorney! Toriko First Screens, it's a... RPG?

Tagged games:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad 14 3.28%

Meh 26 6.09%

Good 58 13.58%

Awesome 325 76.11%

Total:423

All I want to know is when are other retail games going to be available on Nintendo eShop for 3DS... I am done buying cartridges.

Around the Network
cusman said:

All I want to know is when are other retail games going to be available on Nintendo eShop for 3DS... I am done buying cartridges.

I hear you! Me too, much better way to buy games.

For now, only first party stuff will be available. Most likely next year, all of them (1st party) should be available. Animal Crossing in japan just got confirmed I think in the latest Nintendo Direct week - iwata said something about having the game at all times is important for this franchise - which I agree

Too bad that rumor about KH, Castlevania and Scribblenauts was proved false... at least for now

If anyone has any idea what this is, please tell!

Anyway:

Even bigger than AA5 is more news about Monster Hunter 4

Here's the details:
- Use the weapon by marking a target monster
- Release the insect and it’ll head out to the monster and suck up its energy
- When you call the insect back, it’ll use what it collected to strengthen your character
- The “energy” the insect sucks up is called “EX” (or EXE)
- The property it strengthens is indicated by its color
- White: increases speed
- Red: increases attack strength
- Green: increases vitality
- Orange: increases defensive strength
- Hunting insects can jump
- They could reach areas that you can’t
- Goa Magara: A new monster that is a major part of the story, more details later
- Step Actions: When you find height differences in the land, you can run through these to make your character jump; while in mid air, you can perform attacks
- Synthesis: Your two partner Felynes can team up for a group attack

Well, it's going to be huge, no doubt about it. One good thing about it is that games on Nintendo systems usually have more legs than others. So while I don't think it can reach first week sales of 3rd for example, maybe with legs it can get there.

It's awesome to think what "nintendo legs" can do to an already legged series like MH. That's the reason I got so fascinated with the series in the first place. It's a phenomenon not only for its high sales, but to be the only - no exceptions here - series to have a long life on PSP. That's... unique. So I can only imagine that long life will be even longer on 3DS. Like 3G... which will be around 2 million (and some) sales by the time this one arrives.

BTW... just to keep tradition... Cacpcom, gamescom still hurts, bastards.

One of my favorite mangas (3rd - after One Piece and Bakuman] is arriving on the 3DS. The game is a huge COMG game, but only an good seller, but that's ok, since now it has a shot of being translated. Game is arriving on the Winter (november-january).

Anyone knows if the Manga is published in the US or Europe? Is it somewhat big enough to hope for some translation news?

Anyway, more info here http://andriasang.com/con2ma/toriko_3ds/

First game managed 138k and the second 75k, both on PSP. Since 3DS is new to the party, I expect similar numbers to the second, but maybe a middle term among them, like 100k

Around the Network

Not too many interesting games for me, but I do appreciate the 3DS XL and Fire Emblem. Paper Mario is also another excellent game.

Now I'm just waiting on Advance Wars, Metroid, Smash Bros, and a new Zelda (hopefully similar in artstyle and gameplay to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask).

Will buy a 3DS XL when Fire Emblem comes out, hopefully they make a dual analog redesign by then or at least a special edition Fire Emblem 3DS.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

Not too many interesting games for me, but I do appreciate the 3DS XL and Fire Emblem. Paper Mario is also another excellent game.

Now I'm just waiting on Advance Wars, Metroid, Smash Bros, and a new Zelda (hopefully similar in artstyle and gameplay to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask).

Will buy a 3DS XL when Fire Emblem comes out, hopefully they make a dual analog redesign by then or at least a special edition Fire Emblem 3DS.

I never played a Fire Emblem game before (never even seen one before... yeah, I know, bad Nintendo fan!). But I'm willing to try this new one, as it looks like a great place to start. Paper Mario is also on the very top of the buy-chain.

Never played Advance Wars too - notice a pattern here? - but I'm dying to hear more Metroid news, be it on 3DS or Wii U. And I know I won't get it, but I would love a new Zelda in the same vein as the DS ones. To me it was amazing how well that gameplay worked, some moments really shocking me.

About the new design with 2 pads... I really think Nintendo shot itself on the foot... but on the moment of creation. Now there's nothing more they can do, imo. Best we can hope is a more nicely designed CPP (like that one from Nyko). To me it's 101% chance there won't be a new 3DS with 2 of those, which sucks, but it's understandable.

But what about third parties?  Have any games from them you want? I'm having a blast with 3DS news lately because my two favorites are very onboard - Capcom and Level 5.

VicViper said:
cusman said:

I hear you! Me too, much better way to buy games.

For now, only first party stuff will be available. Most likely next year, all of them (1st party) should be available. Animal Crossing in japan just got confirmed I think in the latest Nintendo Direct week - iwata said something about having the game at all times is important for this franchise - which I agree

Too bad that rumor about KH, Castlevania and Scribblenauts was proved false... at least for now

I still like my cartridges but I can see your point about Animal Crossing being useful as a downloaded game.  That way when you boot up your system if there is something new in the game (like mail or whatever) then that blue dot will go on the bottom of the AC logo notifying you that there is something new (like MK7, Swapnote, etc).  Not anything game changing but a little neat (I'll probably have my AC cart in my system for awhile once it is released).

sethnintendo said:

I still like my cartridges but I can see your point about Animal Crossing being useful as a downloaded game.  That way when you boot up your system if there is something new in the game (like mail or whatever) then that blue dot will go on the bottom of the AC logo notifying you that there is something new (like MK7, Swapnote, etc).  Not anything game changing but a little neat (I'll probably have my AC cart in my system for awhile once it is released).

To me that advantage is great. Even the act of changing cartridges can somehow make you lazy to play the game. I know I wouldn't have played Paper Aircraft Race or Brain Age, for example, as much if I had to keep changing cartridges. And that suggestion for notifications is great too. For people outside the main markets, price is also a huge advantage in digital release.

And you're right. It's not even released, but Animal Crossing is my already declared GOTY next year.

And here's another update, Nintendo secretly made another Nintendo Direct for Onitore Brain Age: Concentration.

Anyone in the mood for 35 minutes of nonstop japanese?

The games sales, as expected, are not memorable, or anything. But just like Nintendogs+Cats, in 2 years or so, they can achieve respectable numbers, like 800k in japan alone. Hard, but who knows.

hiska-kun said:

Not confirmed yet, but it seems that Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney release date is november 29th.

http://andriasang.com/con2ku/ace_attorney_famitsu/

Layton vs Ace Attorney got a major ad on the magazine's back cover. The ad itself is a puzzle showing the characters "6211." Tales Source, a site that gets the magazine in advance, says that there are some clues which suggest that this number is meant to be read flipped around, showing 1129, or perhaps a November 29 release date.

Officially, Famitsu lists Ace Attorney 5 as date TBA and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney with a 2012 time frame.

As "promised"

If you can read Japanese, maybe you can translate it to us!

@ augen

Thanks, I've seen the Avatar post just now!

@ the 3 of us that form J-chartz

The latest 8-4 podcast has arrived. For those who don't know, it's a podcast all about japanese games and industry - led by former EGM editor Mark "dreamcast lover" Mcdonald and others noticeable people.

Here's the direct download link

Direct download

They talk a lot about 3DS this week. Ace Attorney 5, Monster Hunter 4...etc, here's the summary

Time – Topic Discussed:
14:37 – Games: Final Fantasy Dimensions, Super Hexagon, Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight
29:35 – News: Nintendo Direct, Ace Attorney 5, Monster Hunter 4, Wii U Release Rumors, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
1:29:00 – Super Nintendo Super Retrospective Part 1
2:32:55 – Closing Comments

I recommend them a lot