By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it just me or 3DS is... Magicians's Quest announced! New Scans for Layton vs Ace Attorney! Toriko First Screens, it's a... RPG?

Tagged games:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad 14 3.28%

Meh 26 6.09%

Good 58 13.58%

Awesome 325 76.11%

Total:423
Augen said:

That is a bold claim, as I am a fan of both series/characters.

This is actually an old-ish trailer, but ok ok... just 15x as better

Ace Attorney's characters in 2D were spectacular drawn and animated - almost all of them were memorable. But Layton's characters will benefit a lot from the 3D, since they were for the most part stagnant - and as long as the cut-scenes are still hand-drawn (and Oscar quality), it's fine!

Around the Network

I see a mix of hand drawn (awesome) and polygon based (eh...) so wait and see on it. Curious how two games mix.

VicViper said:

One of the worst 3DS sellers ever (5k LTD)... and XSEED is bringing it. All hail them. Going to sell 5 in the west too (not 5k... 5), but it doesn't matter, my hat goes off to those guys.

What concerns me is if this flops it might hurt a good company like XSeed from bringing others over.  We Japanese gaming fans need all the help we can get to experience the great 3DS titles from over there.

Some nice sales news for 3DS

Senran Kagura Burst beats out original game with first week sales
September 4th, 2012 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay | No Comments »

Senran Kagura Burst is off to a strong start in Japan. According to the game’s official Twitter page, the title has surpassed first week sales of the original.

Marvelous shipped Senran Kagura last September. Based on Media Create data, it sold a little over 50,000 units in its first week.

We should be finding out how well Senran Kagura Burst sold in its first few days on the Japanese market later this week.
----------------------

Does that means first week alone beat the lifetime sales of the previous version? Wow, very good for the game. Since the creator said that if sales were good there is a sequel, then... Sequel confirmed!

Naruto SD boxart and date released - November 29th

Like I said, very hard to predict, but I smell a bomb. One because it looks bad and 2 because the first 3DS Naruto game sold like ass (10k).

The good thing is that while it looks bad, it's still better looking than the first, imo and will release at a better date, still not taken by any other game - first one released in march 2011.

Around the Network

^ Tha game is a disgrace to Naruto, I can't believe that something like this will be arriving and to think that it appeared in N-Direct too. This game will probably do 20-30k FW and 30-40LT .

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

VicViper said:
Some nice sales news for 3DS

Senran Kagura Burst beats out original game with first week sales
September 4th, 2012 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay | No Comments »

Senran Kagura Burst is off to a strong start in Japan. According to the game’s official Twitter page, the title has surpassed first week sales of the original.

Marvelous shipped Senran Kagura last September. Based on Media Create data, it sold a little over 50,000 units in its first week.

We should be finding out how well Senran Kagura Burst sold in its first few days on the Japanese market later this week.
----------------------

Does that means first week alone beat the lifetime sales of the previous version? Wow, very good for the game. Since the creator said that if sales were good there is a sequel, then... Sequel confirmed!

Given it is a extended ultimate edition to sell that well is promising, say 55K in its first week?  Come on localisation. 

Not confirmed yet, but it seems that Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney release date is november 29th.

http://andriasang.com/con2ku/ace_attorney_famitsu/

Layton vs Ace Attorney got a major ad on the magazine's back cover. The ad itself is a puzzle showing the characters "6211." Tales Source, a site that gets the magazine in advance, says that there are some clues which suggest that this number is meant to be read flipped around, showing 1129, or perhaps a November 29 release date.

Officially, Famitsu lists Ace Attorney 5 as date TBA and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney with a 2012 time frame.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

AlphaCielago said:
^ Tha game is a disgrace to Naruto, I can't believe that something like this will be arriving and to think that it appeared in N-Direct too. This game will probably do 20-30k FW and 30-40LT .

This is exactly my prediction too. With luck it can improve a little bit due to the end of the year release date, but nothing major. Luck for 3DS, because, I agree, this game is not, unless a major surprise happens, worthy of Naruto.

But it's chances just got lowered, since not only two posts ago I said the date was vacant... but now Layton vs Ace Attorney is set for the same date. I think it'll cripple even more its sales.

Augen said:

Given it is a extended ultimate edition to sell that well is promising, say 55K in its first week?  Come on localisation. 

Maybe he's talking shipments and the first week won't be exactly higher than the first version. But either way, it's good results. It practically doubles the sales of the game (100%) for 10% additional effort.