By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it just me or 3DS is... Magicians's Quest announced! New Scans for Layton vs Ace Attorney! Toriko First Screens, it's a... RPG?

Tagged games:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad 14 3.28%

Meh 26 6.09%

Good 58 13.58%

Awesome 325 76.11%

Total:423
VicViper said:
Augen said:

Given it is a extended ultimate edition to sell that well is promising, say 55K in its first week?  Come on localisation. 

Maybe he's talking shipments and the first week won't be exactly higher than the first version. But either way, it's good results. It practically doubles the sales of the game (100%) for 10% additional effort.

Seeing 69K or 70K depending on source in terms of first week in Japan.  That's great news for health of the series and pretty much seals a Senran Kagura 2.  Take a chance on North America Marvelous!

Around the Network
Augen said:

Seeing 69K or 70K depending on source in terms of first week in Japan.  That's great news for health of the series and pretty much seals a Senran Kagura 2.  Take a chance on North America Marvelous!

He wasn't kidding when he said that on twitter. It surpassed the first game's sales and then some... in one week! Really Marvelous. Now imagine the amount of money they'll make out of those butt mousepads!!

Lot's of new japanese 3DS news these last hours, I'l update the thread with them soon!

hiska-kun said:

Not confirmed yet, but it seems that Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney release date is november 29th.

http://andriasang.com/con2ku/ace_attorney_famitsu/

Layton vs Ace Attorney got a major ad on the magazine's back cover. The ad itself is a puzzle showing the characters "6211." Tales Source, a site that gets the magazine in advance, says that there are some clues which suggest that this number is meant to be read flipped around, showing 1129, or perhaps a November 29 release date.

Officially, Famitsu lists Ace Attorney 5 as date TBA and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney with a 2012 time frame.

Thanks, Hiska! Glad you posted here! I can't find the damm scan of the ad anywhere, but it seens trusty! Good date for it too, way better than Naruto SD representing the week!

VicViper said:
Augen said:

He wasn't kidding when he said that on twitter. It surpassed the first game's sales and then some... in one week! Really Marvelous. Now imagine the amount of money they'll make out of those butt mousepads!!

Lot's of new japanese 3DS news these last hours, I'l update the thread with them soon!

This is slightly off topic, but nicely done on the avatar Vic!

Also, Ace Attorney 5 will be coming to North America and Europe.

"Capcom is planning to release Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Ace Attorney 5) in the West. We’ll have more news soon."

YAY!

Around the Network
Augen said:
Also, Ace Attorney 5 will be coming to North America and Europe.

"Capcom is planning to release Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Ace Attorney 5) in the West. We’ll have more news soon."

YAY!

Great news! But where's this from? I hope is not from Sven... his pig already gave me enough nightmares!

Source: GameInformer.com

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/09/05/ace-attorney-5-confirmed-for-3ds.aspx

Let's update this :)

Even better than scans, which can be found here, first direct screens for Ace Attorney 5

(haha, I love that they'll use old school 3D for this guy)

Expressions - new gameplay mode

They look awesome! SInce they confirmed localization and the fan translation of the second Miles Edgey game is on course to completion, life for AA fans is sweet!

Hmm, sales history.

The best selling was the last,  Gyakuten Saiban 4 with 640k sold.  This is good, since it shows the series isn't decreasing in power, in fact it increased tenfold after leaving the GBA and becoming a DS hit. Sales history is here:

http://garaph.info/softwaregroup.php?grid=27

But the real good news is that that was an Apollo Justice game... a character that was a supporting role even in his own game. With Phoenix triumphant return from the hobo-lifestyle, maybe we can see even more acceptance from the public. So my guess is that the series will continue the same, which is good. A (best price)  rerelease, which is common for the series, also will boost sales even further. Too soon to tell, but it's sure to say it's a powerful addition to the library.

Two last pics, showing the second screen interface and official artwork
Oh, boy, will that 3D Fat man really explode the courthouse?

New trailer for PES 2012

It'll flop.

That's it. Nothing more to add. It's even amazing they did one this year for 3DS and not Vita, given last year's sales (10k). On the PS3 and PSP it's a beast, everywhere else it's a poodle.