By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft admit that Leaked Nextbox document is real!!

Shinobi-san said:

6-8 ARM cpu's :/

Unless ARM have processors i don't know about they gna need one with more than 6-8 cores.

It lists 6-8 core processors and it was a document from 2010. Currently there are dual and quad core ARM CPUs so I don't see why 2013 wouldn't enable a custom six core ARM cpu.

However, it also lists "/x86" showing that they were not sure what to use and this was just a target. We also know that all rumors for the last year point to PowerPC cpu as the only choice used so it can have backwards compatibility all in its single CPU setup.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

Non-issue then. Let's move to the next one, k?

Yupdee do

What do you mean? The Wii has lots of e-games, and the 3DS even more. You mean Wii/DSi/3DS ware? It's okay I guess. But that's not in Ninty's control right? 1st party offerings are okay, and 3DS has some solid virtual content like Dillon's, VVVV, and pushmo. That's a taste thing though, so I can't say 100%, but the quality is there in the 3DS e-shop e-ware.

I meant for Wii and 3DS, cool.

You wanted to say?

I have no idea how that W got there

As for orbirango, your guess is as good as mine. This far, Nintendo doesn't need streaming games, DL is already good, streaming will be a plus and can come in an update. If Netflix is possible as an app, so is streamed gaming.

The thing is, these are all current gen features. And it'll be competing with Orbis/Durango, both will have massively updated networks, so by the time these 2 come out it'll once again be behind by a huge margin.

And sure, the service can eventually be updated, but this means they'll be late to the party and the other 2 will also be updating, and will always be ahead.

You're speculating. Also, rule of thumb is the one with the least knowledge and strength learns/grows the fastest. The higher your level, the slower your evolution pace. It's the same here. Nint has lots to learn, and will catch up relatively quickly, I disagree with Mr. Melon on that.

I'm speculating in the same way saying the PS4 will be more powerful than the PS3 is speculating. It's inevitable that the online services will receive a massive upgrade, and judging by what we know of the Wii U (which is quite a lot), it's on-par with PSN and XBL as it is right now. I don't think they'll catch up quickly, it took PSN years to get anywhere close to the level of XBL, and 6 years on it's still playing catch-up. 

By the way, is that Vin Diesel in your avi? :D

lol No, it's Jon Bernthal. He plays Shane in The Walking Dead :P

If they use ARM cores for this and then if they are next years cortex A15 then that is not much at all regardless of how many as per core performance is far less than the 360's POWER based cores if there x86 there is no way they'll get it that cheap EVER.

The GPU is also tiny even if both GPU's are added together that's only 112 ALU's the 360 has 240 ALU's and between the xbox to the 7970 AMD best GPU that has 2048 ALU's the per ALU performance has increased only 37% so would be slower.

Andrespetmonkey said:

You're speculating. Also, rule of thumb is the one with the least knowledge and strength learns/grows the fastest. The higher your level, the slower your evolution pace. It's the same here. Nint has lots to learn, and will catch up relatively quickly, I disagree with Mr. Melon on that.

I'm speculating in the same way saying the PS4 will be more powerful than the PS3 is speculating. It's inevitable that the online services will receive a massive upgrade, and judging by what we know of the Wii U (which is quite a lot), it's on-par with PSN and XBL as it is right now. I don't think they'll catch up quickly, it took PSN years to get anywhere close to the level of XBL, and 6 years on it's still playing catch-up. 

Yeah. I guess the difference is that with processing power we can guess benchmarks (which we discussed already privately). What would your expectations be for Network improvements that Nintendo hasn't already implemented, let alone fabulated or designed?

I just don't see it, honestly, and streaming, though convenient, isn't a must. Long term I would like them to catch up on it though, but it isn't a make it or break it kind of thing. At this point, I don't think there is a make it or break it for Nintendo's online offering, they seem to have everything they need (from what we know this far at least). Obviously they can always improve on latency and how well it's streamlined and integrated, but if MiiVerse is any indicator, Nintendo is likely being humble when they said they had lots to catch up to, imho. But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this point. I'll give you a nice "Maybe" and eagerly await what Sony and MS have in store to keep Ninty on their toes (and rightly so).

Haha, okay. He looked like an old version of Vin Diesel :P

donsterydo2 said:
D-Joe said:

they already changed the plan,like the nextbox dev kit have 12GB now,according to B3D

Link?

i don't even remember from which thread

but since it's both are good thread maybe you can check the disscision

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=62038&page=6

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=31379&page=508

Around the Network

A lot can change in 3 years (2010-2013) I'm pretty sure this was the plan at the time, but console companies do a lot of tweaking up to the release of a system. Just like we heard Nintendo was still tweaking Wii U earlier this year.

happydolphin said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Yeah. I guess the difference is that with processing power we can guess benchmarks (which we discussed already privately). What would your expectations be for Network improvements that Nintendo hasn't already implemented, let alone fabulated or designed?

Are you talking about what PSN/XBL features will be in next-gen, and what the WiiU will be lacking? I don't know, but I also never imagined stuff like trophies/improvements to the stores/chat features/apps etc. coming to PSN. There will definitely be big strides made though, it just makes way too much sense for there not to be, especially for Sony (who are already pattenting shit for their network that we've not seen before, will find article if you want).

I just don't see it, honestly, and streaming, though convenient, isn't a must.

Streaming games? I agree, don't care about it right now, it's really just a good way of getting BC without putting a PS3 in the PS4 for me, but that's just one feature.

Long term I would like them to catch up on it though, but it isn't a make it or break it kind of thing. At this point, I don't think there is a make it or break it for Nintendo's online offering, they seem to have everything they need (from what we know this far at least). Obviously they can always improve on latency and how well it's streamlined and integrated, but if MiiVerse is any indicator, Nintendo is likely being humble when they said they had lots to catch up to, imho.

Everything they have now, seems great now, because it's all the other platforms have now, once the 2 other next gen consoles get released, Ninty will be lacking features that other players are loving on Orbis and Durango. It was a big problem for the PS3 against the 360, I'm afraid it'll be a big problem here (not for the ninty diehards of course, but for the rest of the core audience they're aiming for, the guys who stuck to PS360 this gen).

But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this point. I'll give you a nice "Maybe" and eagerly await what Sony and MS have in store to keep Ninty on their toes (and rightly so).

Haha, okay. He looked like an old version of Vin Diesel :P

What about when he had these gorgeous locks?

I guess we will know in about a year.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

D-Joe said:

they already changed the plan,like the nextbox dev kit have 12GB now,according to B3D

it's real,but some of info not accurate anymore

I think devkits have more RAM than final console specs because to give developers flexibility. Still, 12GB should indicate the X720 would get 8GB RAM. I hope! Do you have any link to the source at Beyond3D?

Got to love that viral marketing. I hope it doesn't turn out to be like project Natal again. A lot of hype and suspected price point of $80.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2010251883_leaked_details_of_microsofts_p.html