By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer wins his 7th Wimbledon title, and is now back to being World #1!

It looks like Djokovic only has to worry about Federer now.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
It looks like Djokovic only has to worry about Federer now.

How so? The world 100 beat Nadal, anything can happen.

ironmanDX said:

How so? The world 100 beat Nadal, anything can happen.

Indeed, anything can happen. However, my biggest worry for Djokovic was having to face Nadal and he clearly won't have to do that anymore.  Federer, Tsonga, Murray, and a few others might pose a challenge to him, but I'm not too worried any more.

Nintendo still doomed?

Is Roddick still in? I always like to root for him on account of him being the only American tennis player I know.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
Is Roddick still in? I always like to root for him on account of him being the only American tennis player I know.

Yep :) He won his second round match angainst Bjorn Phau. Next up for him is David Ferrer.

Around the Network

I believe Nadal was photographed only very recently on a yacht with two beautiful models. Should have possibly been putting more time into training than pleasure.

homer said:

John Isner and Mardy Fish are ranked 10th and 12th respectively. Andy Roddick is ranked 25th, for comparison. All three are American so you now have two other players to root for.

Nintendo still doomed?

Wimbledon e Tsurete Itte

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

supermario128 said:
homer said:

John Isner and Mardy Fish are ranked 10th and 12th respectively. Andy Roddick is ranked 25th, for comparison. All three are American so you now have two other players to root for.

Wow, I remember Roddick being "the next big thing". He was only ranked one for a short while wasn't he?

supermario128 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Tsonga will never , actually no one will ever be as good as Sampras, R-Fed, or Nadal. Not even any of the old time players.

/thread

How can you say Federer is one of the best when Nadal always beats him? How can you say Nadal is one of the best when Djokovic always beats him? (except on clay...) What I'm trying to say is that Djokovic should be included if you include the other two.

For the Nadal always beating Federer part. Yes Nadal won 18 times against only 10 for Federer. BUT, out of these 28 faceoffs, they faced eachother 14 times (half of their faceoffs) on Clay. NadaL is arguably the best of all time on Clay and he is winning against Federer on that surface 12 to 2. On hard court and Grass howerver, its 2-1 Federer, only facing eachother on that surface 3 times at Wimbledon, and on Hard it's 6-5 again for Federer. Bottom line, on Clay its 12-2 for Nadal, but on every other surfaces its 8-6 for Federer. The only  reason ppl think Nadal is always beating Federer is only because Fed had the tough luck of facing him 50% of the time on Clay meaning a almost instant win for Nadal. The reason they always face eachother on Clay is probably because they always face eachother in the Final and Nadal doesnt reach the final that often on grass and hard.

On the Djokovic part, I know it's been a while since we last associated the #1 rank to anyone other than Federer and Nadal so it may be hard to understand but the simple fact of becoming #1 doesnt at all mean that you should be compared to the likes of Sampras, Federer and Nadal. Djokovic had one incredible year, he is having quite a good year now and may have a good year next year. But that alone means nothing compared to what these 3 players accomplished. He might even lose his #1 rank to Federer after Wimbledon. He has no records compared to the other 3, all his records are ''minor'' here are some stats, from the 4 of them.

• Grand Slams: Federer 16, Nadal 11, Sampras 14, Djokovic 6.
  • World Tour Final titles: Federer 6 (1st all time), Nadal 0, Sampras 5 (2nd all time), Djokovic 1.
  • Olympics: Federer Doubles gold medal, Nadal Singles gold medal, Sampras Nothing (as far as I know), Djokovic Singles bronze medal.
  • Atp 1000 titles: Federer 20 (1st all time), Nadal 21 (2ndt all time, Sampras 11 (4th), Djokovic 11 (4th)
  • Total titles: Federer 74 (4th), Nadal 50 (9th), Sampras 64 (5th), Djokovic 30.
  • Weeks #1: Federer 285 (2nd) and 235 in a row (1st), Nadal 102 (7th) and 52 in a row (10th), Sampras 286 (1st) and 102 in a row (4th), Djokovic 47 and streak still active.
As you can see, Djokovic is till far behind. But Fed,Nadal,Sampras all have alot of records and achievments (especialy federer) while Djokovic barely have any impressive records or achievments. The only players that could possibly be associated with these 3 are Connors, Mcenroe, Lendl, Born... and they are also probably far behind, so i'm sorry but comparing Djokovic to these 3 just because hes been #1 for a year is rediculous, he had 1 phenomenal year and that is it. Lets wait and see how he does in wimbledon, Us Open and what he does in the 2 or 3 incoming years, if he keep it up maybe we could add him to this list but to be honest I doubt it, he may not even end up the year as #1 if he loses to federer at Wimbeldon.
And now just incase you are unaware of their records and accomplishments, heres a list (I know! the list is long and you dont have to read this wall of text, it's only if your curious lol), I even added all the big Djokovic accomplishments I could find and you will see that they are nothing compared to the other 3's list (especialy Federer's)

Sampras: 14 Grand Slams (2nd of all time after Federer), 5Time World Tour Champion (second best to Federer, tied with Lendl), 7 Wimbedons (1st all time), 64 Singles titles (5th best of all time) highest grand slam final win% of all time (77.78%), Highest grand slam win % of all time on grass (Federer is 2nd), Most consecutive years winning at least one Grand Slam singles title with 8 (Tied with Nadal and Federer) Most consecutive year appearing in atleast 1Grand Slam final with 11 (tied to Lendl, Federer and Nadal's streak are still active with with 9 and 8), Most Grand Slam finals won in succession with 8 (Federer and Nadal Tied at 2nd with 7), 2nd player with most grass titles with 10titles (Federer is first with 11), Most Atp 500 titles won with 12 (Tied to Nadal and Federer), Been #1 for 286 weeks (best of all time, only 1week ahead of Federer at 2nd), Ended 6years as #1 (all time best, Federer 2nd with 5), 3rd in total career prize money with inflation (Federer is first, Nadal 2nd, Djokovic is 4th), Most time elected player of the year (6).

Nadal: 11 Grand Slams (3rd Best after Federer and Sampras), Career Golden Slame (Agassi is the only other player to accomplish the feat), 7 French Open (most of all time), 50 Singles titles won (9th best of all time), Won a Olympic single Gold medal, 3rd in most grand slam finals reached in a row (Federer first with 10 and Federer again with 8), Second highest grand slam match win% with 87,71% (Borg is first with 89,81), 3rd highest grand slam final win% with 68,75% (Tied to Borg, Sampras 1st, Federer 2nd), Highest French Open win% with 98,11%, Highest grand slam win% on clay, Most consecutive years winning at least one Grand Slam singles title with 8 (Tied with Federer and Sampras), 8 Monte Carlo Masters won in a row, 3rd in most titles on Clay with 36 (will most likely become 1st eventualy), 2nd best win % on all surfaces with 82,70% (Borg first with 82,72%), Best win% on clay with 93,04%, 21 Atp 1000 titles (most of all time, Federer 2nd with 20), Most singles titles won in a year as a teenager (11 in 2005), Highest clay winning streak (81-lost to Federer), Second most final won in succession (14-lost to Federer, Federer is 1st with 24-lost to Nalbandian), Been #2 for 240 weeks (highest ever, 160in a row also highest ever), Most year ended as #2 with 5, Earliest to clinch year-end #1 (September 2010, feat also accomplished by Federer in 2004 and 2006), 3rd in prize money after Federer and Sampras with 50million (adjusted with inflation)

Federer: 16 Grand Slams (most of all time), Career Slam (only him Nadal and Agassi accomplished the feat), 6time World Tour champion (best of all time, won the title undefeated 5 times, only 4 other players won it undefeated and only Lendl did it more than once (3)), 6 Wimbledon with 5 in a row (Highest streak, second in total after Sampras7), 5 US Open in a row, Only player to ever win 2 different grand slams 5times in a row, 74 Singles titles (4th best of all time), Won a Olympic doubles Gold medal, Most grand slam finals (23), Most Grand slam semifinals (Tied to Connors with 31), Most grand slam wins (239), Most and second most grand slam finals reached in a row (with 10 and 8, Nadal has the 3rd best streak with 5), Most grand slam semifinals reached in a row (23), Most grand slam quaterfinals reached in a row (32), 3rd highest grand slam win% with 86,91% (Borg first, Nadal 2nd), Second highest grand slam final win% with 69,57% (Sampras first), Only player to have won 3 grand slams in a single year more than once (did it 3times), Only player to ever reach all 4 grand slam finals in a single year (did it in 2006, 2007 and 2009), Highest US Open win% with 89,71%, Highest grand slam win% on hard (Sampras is 2nd), Most consecutive years winning at least two Grand Slam singles titles with 4 (Sampras 3), Most consecutive years winning at least one Grand Slam singles title with 8 (tied with Nadal and Sampras), Most consecutive Grand Slam sets won (36), Most titles on Hardcourt with 51, Most titles on Grass (Sampras 2nd with 10), Best win% on Grass with 86,99% and Hardcourt with 83,20%, 20 Atp 1000 titles (2nd of all time to Nadal-21), Only player to have reached the final on all 9 different atp 1000 tournament, Only Player with Agassi to have won 7/9 of the atp 1000 tournament (Nadal and Djokovic 6/9), Only player to have won 10 titles 3 years in a row, 2nd Most consecutive years winning 90 % of matches or more with 3 (tied with Lendl and and Connors, Borg 1st with 4), Highest and second highest hardcourt winning streak (56-lost to Nadal, 36-lost to Canas, Djokovic has the 3rd highest streak with 35 after he retired against Murray), Highest grass winning streak (65-lost to Nadal), Highest and second highest winning streak against top 10 players (26-lost to Safin, 17-lost to Nadal, Djokovic has tthe 3rd highest streak with 13-lost to Federer), Most final won in succession (24-Lost to Nalbandian, Nadal has 2nd with 14-lost to Federer), Been #1 for 285 weeks (second to Sampras with 286), Been #1 for 237 weeks in a row (highest streak ever), Been #2 for 46 weeks in a row (2nd highest streak to Nadal, tied with Becker), 2nd most year end as #1 with 5 (Sampras 1st with 6), Most year end in the top 2 with 8 (tied to Connors), Earliest to clinch year-end #1 (September 2004 and 2006, Nadal also accomplished the feat in 2010), 1st ever in prize money with more than 71million (adjusted with inflation), First player to ever win more than  10million in 1year,

Djokovic:  6 Grand Slams, 1time World Tour Champion, Won 3 Grand Slams in a row (tied to Federer(twice), Nadal and Sampras), Most grand slam wins in a row with 27 (tied to Federer(twice)), 1 of the 5 only players to have won 3grand slams in a single year in 2011 (Connors-1974, Wilander1988, Federer-2004,2006,2007) and Nadal-2010), 22 hardcourt titles (7th of all time, Federer being first), 11 Atp 1000 titles (4th ever tied to Sampras), 3rd highest winning streak ever with 43 (tied to Borg, Federer have 6th with 41), 3rd highest winning streak on hardcourt with 35-retired to Murray (Federer have 1st and 2nd highest streaks with 56 and 36), 3rd highest winning streak against top10 players with 13-lost to Federer (Federer have 1st and 2nd highest streaks with 26 and 17), Been world #3 for 143weeks (second longest after Edberg), Longest streak at #3 with 91weeks in a row, 4th in price money with 37million, Most price money won in a single year with over 12million in 2012 (Federer is 2nd, 4th and 5th and Nadal is 3rd), Won 30 titles.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)