By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid. To change, or not to change?

Tagged games:

I think they should base future games on MGS3. The focus on survival was great, you could use your surroundings, the story was perfect, the cutscene length was perfect. Some improvements they could make are with CQC, it should be a lot less complicated to interrogate, kill or knock out somebody and stealth should be rewarded more. Bosses need to have a more consistent difficult and need to be more balanced.

If Kojima copied the blueprints for MGS3, added a few mechanics from MGS4 as well as some improvements and new features on top of that, Kojima could have the formula for the perfect game.

Around the Network

The cutscene-gameplay ratio should be similar to MGS3. Also, the gameplay should be more about stealth and less about action, like in MGS3. The story should be great but easy to follow like in MGS3. The music should be as epic as in MGS3. The boss battles should be as spectacular and original as in MGS3. There should be a ton of quirky things to discover like in MGS3.

Actually, I just want MG3 again... Who am I kidding, I already bought the HD collection for PS3 and I'll buy it again for Vita when it goes down in price.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
The cutscene-gameplay ratio should be similar to MGS3. Also, the gameplay should be more about stealth and less about action, like in MGS3. The story should be great but easy to follow like in MGS3. The music should be as epic as in MGS3. The boss battles should be as spectacular and original as in MGS3. There should be a ton of quirky things to discover like in MGS3.

Actually, I just want MG3 again... Who am I kidding, I already bought the HD collection for PS3 and I'll buy it again for Vita when it goes down in price.

You're supposed to quote me, not copy and paste my comment.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
AndrewWK said:
KylieDog said:
Needs go openworld. Sneak around an entire city or jungle (and no, not the enclosed areas like MGS3).

You can´t be serious about that.

Why not ? 

That would be extraordinary in my opinion.  

It would suck big times,  I am sick of this open world bullshit. MGS was allways story focused and it should stay this way.

KylieDog said:
AndrewWK said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
AndrewWK said:
KylieDog said:
Needs go openworld. Sneak around an entire city or jungle (and no, not the enclosed areas like MGS3).

You can´t be serious about that.

Why not ? 

That would be extraordinary in my opinion.  

It would suck big times,  I am sick of this open world bullshit. MGS was allways story focused and it should stay this way.

Because an openworld game cannot have a story?  Sorry but your argument is extremely weak.

No openworld games are never so story focused. There is too much freedom you can get interupt the main story and other stuff and that would suck.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Metal Gear Rising is the future.

Die.

Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:

Die.

Fuck your old man Snake. And your old man Kojima. Raiden + PlatinumGames 4ever.

badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:

Die.

Wise words

badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:

Die.

Aside from Bayonetta, they have been shitty. Not even capable of shining Lord Kojima's shoes. Raiden can eat shit too. Snake = Videogames.

Carl2291 said:

Aside from Bayonetta, they have been shitty. Not even capable of shining Lord Kojima's shoes. Raiden can eat shit too. Snake = Videogames.

Trick, please. Kojima is just a failed movie director who managed to trick stupid gamers into thinking his shitty movies are acceptable video games. Whereas Platinum makes games that are cutting edge GAMES.

^^^ The only good idea Snake ever had.