By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid. To change, or not to change?

Tagged games:

Madworld is cutting edge?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:
Metal Gear Rising is the future.

Die.

Fuck your old man Snake. And your old man Kojima. Raiden + PlatinumGames 4ever.

Aside from Bayonetta, they have been shitty. Not even capable of shining Lord Kojima's shoes. Raiden can eat shit too. Snake = Videogames.

Vanquish?

Carl2291 said:

It had chainsaws.

badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:

It had chainsaws.

It was a Wii game.

Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:

It had chainsaws.

It was a Wii game.

Both of you realize that it was stated in the US official Playstation magazine that Kojima is specifically the one who went to Platinum Games because their internal studio was making it too stealthy, right? He wanted it to be more about action, and his own team couldn't get into that mindset

He went to Platinum because they make the best action games in the business

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Both of you realize that it was stated in the US official Playstation magazine that Kojima is specifically the one who went to Platinum Games because their internal studio was making it too stealthy, right? He wanted it to be more about action, and his own team couldn't get into that mindset

Im only being a Kojima loving Zealot, as expected.

In all seriousness, I loved Bayonetta and Vanquish was alright too from what I played.

Im just reaaaaaaally bitter about Metal Gear going this route instead of a full blown Metal Gear title.

NO! Metel Gear Solid is perfect. They better leave MGS 5 alone and not go down the action route *cough* RE 5 *cough*

As a whole for the series, trim all the fat from the cutscenes and dialog. Also I'd say rein back the over the top action. It worked well enough in Metal Gear Solid 3 (even if it had some over the top stuff), but I think it killed the Twin Snakes (every pre/post boss cutscene for example) and the Metal Gear Solid 4 (Meryl and Johnny anyone?) experience for me.

Improved graphics and gameplay don't make up for that.

Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:

It had chainsaws.

It was a Wii game.

You try getting that weak ass hardware to render a chainsaw.

Khuutra said:

Yes. You realize that I am not being ironic (a little hyperbolic, perhaps) and am actually super excited for Metal Gear Rising, right?