By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [UPDATE] Okami PS3 confirmed - $20/£16 digital, 1080p HD, Trophies, Move support, Trailer

Tagged games:

Really looking forward to this! Glad it's got PlayStation Move support.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Sigh maybe.... maybe ill get it for the third time lol. I want a true sequel though.

Isn't Okamiden the true sequel?

For me, £16 is a bit much, you could find it well below £10 on Wii only a few months after it came out, I'll probably want till it goes on PS+

Great news!! Never got a chance to play this on the PS2 when it came out or any of the other versions so i will be picking this one up when it is released here

In the thread headline it says "digital" but in the OP it suggests physical retail copys ("first print" something).

What gives?

If it's DD only it's a no buy for me.

Not a bad price at all. Iirc, the Wii version started at $40.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
TeddostheFireKing said:
Mad55 said:
Sigh maybe.... maybe ill get it for the third time lol. I want a true sequel though.

Isn't Okamiden the true sequel?

For me, £16 is a bit much, you could find it well below £10 on Wii only a few months after it came out, I'll probably want till it goes on PS+

Okamiden is a sequal without Amaterasu in it. Its also shorter and not as good I enjoyed it though.

Oh man, this is incredible.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

This would be perfect for the Wii U. All of the drawing could be done on the tablet. The Wii mote was not optimal for this game. I had to redraw things too often for it to compute what I was drawing.

WiiBox3 said:
This would be perfect for the Wii U. All of the drawing could be done on the tablet. The Wii mote was not optimal for this game. I had to redraw things too often for it to compute what I was drawing.

The only time I ever had an issue with the Celestial Brush was when I tried to make the thunderbolt stroke. For some reason the game just couldn't understand what I was trying to do.

There was also the issue of the dodge mechanic being mapped to the nunchuck's gyrosensor. Incredibly innacurate, but fortunately dodging isn't necessary to be succesful in battle.

But yeah, I agree that the Wii U's GamePad would be perfect for the Celestial Brush. It's one of the few things that Okamiden did (use of touch screen for the brushing techniques) that was very much superior to its predecessor.

wow, soo much excitement. i'll pass though, enjoyed it on wii but not enough to play it again.