By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the worst FPS that you've played?

A few weak FPS games from this gen I can remember.

-Clive Barker's Jericho
-Section 8
-Timeshift
-Call Of Juarez: The Cartel

Recently: 007 Legends and Medal Of Honor: War-fighter were meant to be pretty awful.

Honestly, those of you mentioning Halo or Killzone must not have played more than a handful of FPS games. Those games have good visuals, high production values and some solid gameplay. To compare them with some other FPS games this gen would be night and day really. Some truly awful FPS games have been made.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
At the time, I thought TimeSplitters 2 was the greatest game, ever. Also, I recently completed a replay of Halo Reach playing co-op with my daughter. We instantly jumped from Reach to the original Halo on the first Xbox. I was amazed how much fun we were having (I went back and bought Halo 1 & 2 after having a really good experience playing Halo 3). It was really my first time trying to beat the original Halo campaign and the game holds up VERY well.

So, I told her, "If you think this is awesome, you should check out Time Splitters 2!" And so, we did.....and it sucked. The game was nowhere near what I remembered. So, we put TS2 on ice and I went to Gamestop and we bought Halo Anniversary and Halo ODST (both games came up to about $40). Having a blast, now.

But that was just me rambling. In reality, my absolute worst FPS experience has got to be Goldeneye for the Nintendo DS. "It could easily have been more than your eye!" That game was shit.

Sacrilege!!!

That game is a fantastic FPS. I played it about a year ago for a few weeks with friends, I think it still holds up.

Co-op campaign, customizable multiplayer modes, challenges wiith unlockables, end game rewards, customizable Bots (10 I think), Arcade League mode and a damn Map Editor! The game had content bursting out the seams! It also had character, running around dodging monkeys and Elvis while playing as a giant duck throwing bricks...There's really never been anything like it.

Playing Virus with a friend, with minguns and choosing a place to make a stand, it was like the original nazi zombies! 

Classic game.

dahuman said:
This thread is kinda bad, if I look back through the time gate then the worst FPS I've played was the very first one which is Wolfenstein 3D because it's the worst FPS in the history of mankind even though it was the start of the revolution. If you just limit it to like current gen stuff though, the Killzones.

1st and second were good. 3rd was... well "not" as good. 

Yay!!!

Turok for this gen that game was so BORING! There was nothing special about it, I don't even care that I didn't beat it.

Halo 3, story was good but the game still had the same old boring mechanics of the first 2 and Doom 64

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network

one call of duty game in the psp, i cant remember the name :/

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

I'm a little surprised at some of the responses in here. Halo and Call of Duty might not be to everyone's liking, but the worst ever?

Anyway, my pick is Turok: Evolution. The multiplayer is actually quite good, and the flying levels are fun, but the majority of the single-player campaign is so dull and joyless.

I know MBP will destroy me if he sees this.

black ops. the sounds, animation, graphics, voice acting AI were absolutely horrible!! the game was SOOO EASY as well. everything about it was plain terrible. game play sucked as well and production value's were shitty

Killzone 1.

Haze......

What an abortion.