By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another form of proof that GameTrailers is not neutral

am i the only one noticing something weird here?

in their video comparison of Assasins creed the ps3 version looks washed out.
that would only happen if they set RGB to full on a device that can only handle
RGB limited or vice versa.

If they cant use HDMI why would RGB be in full in a non compatible device?
everyone complained that GT didnt turn RGB full in their comparison but i think its the other way around.
they actually set RGB to full on a Limited device.

what do you guys think?

they actually did set RGB to full but their device just wasnt compatible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

No because you can't set RBG to full unless you are using HDMI I believe.

(I could be completely wrong on this one however) 

Rath said:

iclim4 said:

IMO if they cant capture the video using HDMI then they arent qualified to hold comparisons.
its like reviewing Crysis with an old computer and showing their video review to everyone.
hey why not compare the ps3 and xbox360 using sdtvs, you know, since theyre still using the same set up.

why not let the wii join in?
SMG versus Assasins creed on sdtvs... hmmm...
id say the Wii is almost as powerful as the Hi-def consoles.

Actually now that you mention it they refused to give Crysis the graphics award because their rig couldn't run it. I don't really agree with that but I can kind of see where they are coming from, if their rig can't run Crysis how many peoples will be able to?

sucks when my examples actually backfires on me >.<
well some people would be able to run crysis at full. if they went with the review which gave graphics
 a low score then GT would be lying.

the ps3 and Xbox are different though, since they can play the games optimized, unlike crysis and the pc.
hdmi cables cost less than 10 dollars, so most people can buy one.
some people still use SDTV's that shouldnt mean that games should be reviewed using SDTV's.
heck you cant even read the instructions in AC if your using an sdtv.
should that mean they should be penalized for it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

People no site or individual can capture through the HDMI interface, not just Gametrailers; thus they downgrade both the PS3 and the XBox360 (from HDMI to component) in order to be unbiased. Is that so hard to get?

Rath said:

No because you can't set RBG to full unless you are using HDMI I believe.

(I could be completely wrong on this one however) 

if your right then that would mean they set the ps3 to RGB limited to a device that expected RGB full.
since they dont use HDMI cables why would they hook the ps3 to a device that expected RGB full?

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
People no site or individual can capture through the HDMI interface, not just Gametrailers; thus they downgrade both the PS3 and the XBox360 (from HDMI to component) in order to be unbiased. Is that so hard to get?

then why compare videos at all if theyre captured half assed?

"We create them so that people who own both systems can be a little more informed on which version to buy."

yeah those are all lies then..
they claim that its to inform but a lot of people are using HDMI cable especially the ones who visit their site.

"We don't create these videos for the fanboys. That's not the point. "

if they know that they cant capture the videos using HDMI then why release comparison vids at all? 
the only reason they would release half assed comparison videos is to incite fanboy wars, not inform the people.

@Leo-J

Sometimes insisting on something only causes the person your trying to convince to close up completely to the idea.

Learning when to push and when to pull is a skill, I highly suggest you learn it well because when you get out of high school you can go far on just that by itself....

PS - I'm being straight with you, not trying to mock or tease you. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

leo-j said:

What is my comment on this? Well gametrailers, since 71% of PS3 users and 65% of Xbox 360 users own HD TV's

why compare the ps3 on weak settings? And the xbox 360 at fullest? Are you afriad or what?

I really don't care a lot about this topic or Gametrailers actually (I could have told you they're full of rabbid fanboys of all types), but I just wanted to add that the site has 71% PS3 owners and 65% 360 owners own HD TV's that vote.

If you have an HDTV, mad that you don't have one, or for some reason hate them, you're much more likely to vote in a poll like this which is exactly why you can't exactly trust it.

Are people not really understanding the fact that they literally can't do this feature if they do use HDMI due to stupid protection requirements?

That and the fact that everything is the same, hell, the PS3 doesn't even come with an HDMI cable, if i recall, it only comes with composite doesn't it? So its a completely fair comparison.

Gnizmo said:
leo-j said:
@azrm2k

I cant explain it, ssj12 surely can.

So you literally do not know what you are talking about. Please stop trying to talk baout something you do not fully understand.

did you expect him to understand something as simple as Full RGB.. he probably doesnt even know what RGB stands for...

Anyways, for all you none-techies or graphics guys I'll explain it. RGB means Red Blue and Green. It is the basic color base for all colors on the P. There are a few others but frankly never use them so I dont care about them. 

Now RGB color scale goes from 0 - 255 for each color. So basically  Red 0 - 255, Green 0 - 255, and Blue 0 - 255.

Some TVs, mainly SDTVs and some older HDTVs dont support the full color RGB color scale so it is limited. How is it limited? The first 16 colors are not supported as well as the last 20. Limited RGB's color range is basically 16 - 235. Full RGB is the full RGB color spectrum; 0 - 255. 

Super White is a bit hard to understand as there is no PC settings for it so I cant really explain it very well.Super White is basically a cleaner white color that has no extra color then whats needed for white to be created. 

As for HDMI can only use. Thats actually somewhat BS. HDMI is needed to get the full effect. Basically component will enable maybe a color range of 10 - 245 but not the full thing. As for Super White it makes whites cleaner but not as clean as it could be

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453