By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 121k PS3's sold globally (Week of June 9th, trend continues)

What explains it?

New Casual Customers: Spo... 40 18.87%

New Core Customers: Max Pain and friends 103 48.58%

Replacements 36 16.98%

Blu-Ray 30 14.15%

Total:209
darthdevidem01 said:
Many people I know get PS3s & then get 2nd hand games (these won't be shown in the software sales data)

At this point in the consoles lifecycle many great games can be had for cheap by doing this.

It's a sad reality.

It's a sad reality for many consoles.

Around the Network

HD and Blu Ray are becoming more mainstream, and cheaper now. I've said this a lot lately, but I got my PS3 last year because the price was right, and there were a lot of great cheap games. recently I got all the assassins creed games for only 60 dollars. the games that are a couple years old or older are at amazing prices right now, and I try to take advantages of those opportunities, since there are still lots of great games left for me to play. I'll be having fun with my PS3 long after the PS4 comes out.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Maybe PS3 games are selling better but Vgchartz is just wrong.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
babuks said:
No wonder next gen is going to lock the used games. Companies want to sell their games as new. But I hope they don't raise the price over $60 otherwise it will piss many gamers like me.

The only company being rumored to block used games is Microsoft. Sony and Nintendo are not involved.

Actually, Sony's "orbitus" was rumored to block used games also. Luckily one of their big players spoke against it soon there after.

I've wondered this myself. People point to the PS3's older games as the driver for the continued sales, but then how does the Wii only get half the sales, when its games are far bigger sellers? I think part of it has to do with the fact that it is available in more countries than its competitiors.

Around the Network

Don't know how reliable the PS3 is.

I baught two in a week as first died. I am wanting to upgrade to a slim soon (as it has the bigger hdd and well is smaller lol), guessing people are also upgrading.

I know I had about 5 ps2s (lost count). I know mates who got up to their 7th because they kept failiing on them.

Cobretti2 said:

I baught two in a week as first died. I am wanting to upgrade to a slim soon (as it has the bigger hdd and well is smaller lol), guessing people are also upgrading.

I know I had about 5 ps2s (lost count). I know mates who got up to their 7th because they kept failiing on them.

You must have confused "PS3" in the thread title with "360" somehow.

withdreday said:
Cobretti2 said:

You must have confused "PS3" in the thread title with "360" somehow.

no i did not. I had a PS3 faulty on arrival, which turned to FUBAR. Had to have it replaced within the first week.

I just bought another PS3 to put in my daughters room. Will be buying another one shortly to bring my total PS3 count to 4.

PS3 rocks :D