By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Introducing Microsoft Surface - Windows 8 first tablet and a full Microsoft hardware/software solution!

Will you buy one if the RT is ~$500 and Pro is ~$900

yes 115 52.27%

no 79 35.91%

see resultz 23 10.45%

Total:217

It's better than I thought it would be, total bonus for the little keyboard cover. The size is great, and I like that you can hook it up to an HD TV.

But I hope it isn't quite that expensive as in the poll. I heard a new Kindle Fire is coming out this fall, as they will discount the others. I hope it is aggressively priced.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

removed - double post

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Really nice piece of hardware there.
Never interested in tablets, but this would be the only one I could imagine buying (only the Pro version though).
Price could still be an issue.

I'm not into tablets, even though I will eventually buy one, becuase they're extremely useful, but I have to admit that this Surface seems really good. If it is supported in the right way (good price, lots of apps, varied models) it could be a menace to Apple's domination. Good job, Microsoft!

There are so many ways to design a screen but they choose to go the Apple way using the black border, shape and logo position. This is getting silly; it seems they WANT Apple to sue them for nonsense reasons just to get it into press and look as shiny in the shops.
My respect to those companies that try to attract attention with own designs, ignoring what's in right now.

(roll on the Apple hate comments now; I didn't say anything good about them here but if you feel like it, have fun)

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The same reason people would rather buy disc based games. True ownership.

When was the last time anybody bought a piece of software that they truly owned? You know those big boxes of text which you usually just click "agree" to... yeah, you don't own the software, they do. All you bought was a license to use it on their terms. Whether or not you have a copy of the files on a disc, or available to download, is inconsequential.

"Consumer rights" isn't a thing. They are the copyright holders, and thus can do whatever they want with it. It's up to you to understand what you're agreeing to when you purchase the license.

On topic, I like the looks of this. However, I wasn't a fan of Windows 8 when I tried it out. Still, might work better on a touch screen device.

My big purchase this year, however, is one of them new Mac Book Pros with Retina Display (as much as Apple are great at hardware, their names leave a lot to be desired "Mac Book Pro with Retina Display" "The New iPad" (what are they going to call that when the next iPad comes out...)).

It's a tablet, but MS doesn't mention anything about battery life? That's a very important thing for a tablet. The Pro version has a battery size just slightly under the battery of the iPad (42Wh vs 42.5Wh), but the i5 in the pro is a lot more power hungry.

It's a shame that the RT version doesn't get 1080P screen as well, but I guess they are trying to keep costs down although it will not look as good compared to the new Asus Transformer Infinity (1200P screen) nor the 2012 iPad (1536P screen).

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

This looks excellent. Colour me very interested.

SamuelRSmith said:
On topic, I like the looks of this. However, I wasn't a fan of Windows 8 when I tried it out. Still, might work better on a touch screen device.

My big purchase this year, however, is one of them new Mac Book Pros with Retina Display (as much as Apple are great at hardware, their names leave a lot to be desired "Mac Book Pro with Retina Display" "The New iPad" (what are they going to call that when the next iPad comes out...)).

Me want one so bad, pity about the price though.