By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the sales of Gravity Rush

Tagged games:

EU and US toghether 200k

Around the Network

I like to know the digital sales, does anyone think they'd be around the same or higher then physical sales?

12. Just 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I think it'll do around 45k first week in the US and another 40k in EU.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ghettoglamour said:
I say less than Resistance BS FW, but it'll have better legs. Day one for me though.

1. I agree with the legs, but i say it will sell more than resistance.

About the legs: many people say they don't need uncharted on a handheld, because they already played 3 titles on their PS3. But Gravity Rush brings a new kind of gameplay, and definitely is more "you have to play this game" than Uncharted which will lead to many people buying it as a first title for their new handheld. Also, there is much more talking in the internet about gravity rush and it's art design.

2. I also just checked amazon.de (place 30 now) and amazon.com (place 4! only diablo3 is above it, place 1 and 2 are xbox live points).

3. It also seems that this time around there are some more offers for vita than before. in germany on amazon.de (vita wifi, -15€ for a game, +8GB card for 215€), and i think in america at gamestop you get 50$ discount.

4. alot of people have played through their first games and are waiting for more. It's been a while since launch. Now: a new game. They will buy it.

So maybe we will se an 100,000+ opening week? That could be possible. So maybe we will see 250,000 at the end of this year. (once Assassins Creed, the white vita, and LBP comes out it should receive a decent push)

I really hope for great sales because this game could turn out as a new series based on the vita.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network

50k US
42k EU

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Gehirnkrampf said:
ghettoglamour said:
I say less than Resistance BS FW, but it'll have better legs. Day one for me though.

1. I agree with the legs, but i say it will sell more than resistance.

About the legs: many people say they don't need uncharted on a handheld, because they already played 3 titles on their PS3. But Gravity Rush brings a new kind of gameplay, and definitely is more "you have to play this game" than Uncharted which will lead to many people buying it as a first title for their new handheld. Also, there is much more talking in the internet about gravity rush and it's art design.

2. I also just checked amazon.de (place 30 now) and amazon.com (place 4! only diablo3 is above it, place 1 and 2 are xbox live points).

3. It also seems that this time around there are some more offers for vita than before. in germany on amazon.de (vita wifi, -15€ for a game, +8GB card for 215€), and i think in america at gamestop you get 50$ discount.

4. alot of people have played through their first games and are waiting for more. It's been a while since launch. Now: a new game. They will buy it.

So maybe we will se an 100,000+ opening week? That could be possible. So maybe we will see 250,000 at the end of this year. (once Assassins Creed, the white vita, and LBP comes out it should receive a decent push)

I really hope for great sales because this game could turn out as a new series based on the vita.

I agree that this game delivers much more hype to the core gamers than Resistance BS. But, do you really think this would appeal to the average guy who goes into the store and look at the games without knowing them? I really don't see this getting so much buzz. Maybe it'll get decent sales through word of mouth, but I don't expect strong first weeks.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

50k in the first month

300k opening week

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

US retail-

100k FW
280k LT

EU retail (if it comes to retail)-

40k FW
130k LT

Total- 550k WW

Probably over, but we'll see.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.