By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resistance 2 week 1 sales?

Probably 500k-1M worldwide on the first week. The game looks great, is getting a lot of hype, and is a sequel to the only decent launch game, so many people will be familiar with it.

There's no way it's going to make Japan suddenly stop hating FPS, though.

Around the Network
Parokki said:
Probably 500k-1M worldwide on the first week. The game looks great, is getting a lot of hype, and is a sequel to the only decent launch game, so many people will be familiar with it.

There's no way it's going to make Japan suddenly stop hating FPS, though.

True, they don't even like HALF-LIFE DAMMIT!!

oh wait.. this is first week... I put day 1..

first week 400k - US
450k - UK
25k - JP

life-time - 2 million

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

^so your expecting its week one sales to be 45% of its total sales

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

gears of war with first week did around 900k first week with around 6 mln. x360 sold WW.

By the time of resistance 2 release there will be around 12 mln. ps3 in usa+europe.

So, game could easy make around 1,5-2 mln. in first week, cause 1st game already sold aronmd 2,5 mln. I predict 1,4 mln. first week.
800k usa + 600k europe. Also 100k japan if that matters.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
brute said:
^so your expecting its week one sales to be 45% of its total sales

well i doubt the game will be released all at once i think there will be at least 2 - 3 weeks between each region's release

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I think that Day 1 sales will be around 600 copies sold, and for the entire week, considering that it is launched on monday, 1.2 Million

I would estimate 250k day one sales, maybe 700,000 for the week. Worldwide of course.

ssj12 said:

first week 400k - US
450k - UK
25k - JP

life-time - 2 million

Resistance 1 is getting to 3 million.

Life time should be at the least 4 million.

mM
leo-j said:
ssj12 said:

first week 400k - US
450k - UK
25k - JP

life-time - 2 million

Resistance 1 is getting to 3 million.

Life time should be at the least 4 million.

Resistance is or has been bundled heavily.

I seriously think anybody who thinks week one sales over 600k is going to be extremely dissapointed. Personally I can see it doing 300k based on recent exclusives.

Uncharted ~130k

HS ~105k

R&C ~130k

The people who thinks its going to sell 10* R&C first week are, I am near certain, very very wrong.