By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Numerous information about the PlayStation 4 including specifications - New rumour with more info

Millenium said:
I could translate that accurately, but I believe it should be clear (If a bit funky) as it is.

Anyways, looks like a very decent system if it's semi-accurate.

Well if you are offering could you tell me if this translation is acturate?

"Assassin's Creed III was op de E3 namelijk aanwezig op Nintendo's nieuwste spelcomputer en op zich is dat prachtig nieuws voor Nintendo. Tenminste, als je even buiten beschouwing laat dat de Wii U-versie er beduidend slechter uitziet dan zijn Xbox 360- en PlayStation 3-broer. Waar de laatstgenoemde versie schitterden met een hoge detaillering en soepele gameplay, viel bij de Wii U-versie direct op dat de game onscherp oogt en meer dan eens kampt met vervelende framerateproblemen.

Desgevraagd liet de ontwikkelaar weten dat de Wii U-versie nog in ontwikkeling is en op gelijk niveau met de Xbox 360- en PlayStation 3-versie zou komen. Er zouden zelfs al dezelfde assets (textures en charactermodels, etcetera) worden gebruikt. Het baart ons alleen lichtelijk zorgen dat juist die textures er op de Wii U een stuk vlakker en ongedetailleerder uitzagen. Wij houden hierdoor graag een slag om de arm."

"Assassin's Creed III was in fact present at the E3 Nintendo's latest console and that in itself is wonderful news for Nintendo. That is, if you would still be that the Wii version you are looking significantly worse than its Xbox 360 - PlayStation 3-and brother. Where the latter version sparkled with high detail and smooth gameplay, fell to the Wii version, you immediately notice that the game looks blurry and more than once faced with annoying framerate problems.

When asked, let the developer know that the Wii version, you still in development and level with the Xbox 360 - and PlayStation 3 version would come. There were even the same assets (textures and character models, etc.) are used. It reveals to us only mildly concerned that the very textures on the Wii you a much flatter and non detail learner looking. We love this like a blow to the arm."

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
These specs looks great.

You don't need 4xaa at 1080p, so dial that back to 2xaa, factor in it being a closed system and optimized for and all and it'll do BF3 on ultra @1080p + 60fps no doubt.

About the GPU, as Gilgamesh said, what the RSX chip is based on was about $400 in 2005, and that definitely isn't what drove the PS3's price up. Sony will also buy in bulk and this is a 2013 console, so that price will be drastically reduced by the time it's in the Orbis.

Don't forget that in the graph in the OP, the resolution is higher than 1080p (1920x1200). The 7850 probably could do 4xAA, 1080p on Ultra... but only at 30 fps.

They really need to up the RAM from 2Gb to 4Gb. More RAM is the one thing developers always ask for over the course of a console gen.

Scoobes said:
Don't forget that in the graph in the OP, the resolution is higher than 1080p (1920x1200). The 7850 probably could do 4xAA, 1080p on Ultra... but only at 30 fps.

Did notice that :P I think it could get to 60. Looking at the graph in the OP, as you said lower the resolution, lower the AA (2xaa is absolutely fine at 1080p) and factor in the differences between console and PC development and 60fps seems very possible. 

Andrespetmonkey said:
Scoobes said:

Did notice that :P I think it could get to 60. Looking at the graph in the OP, as you said lower the resolution, lower the AA (2xaa is absolutely fine at 1080p) and factor in the differences between console and PC development and 60fps seems very possible. 

I think the only issue is the CPU. AMD really are at the bottom of the pile when it comes to CPU performance, but I have no idea how limiting that would be.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
They really need to up the RAM from 2Gb to 4Gb. More RAM is the one thing developers always ask for over the course of a console gen.

Yea 2GB is pretty tiny for a unified RAM pool, that is only 4x the current systems. That would be like the 360 launching with 256MB of RAM, Epic won't stand for that lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Millenium said:
I could translate that accurately, but I believe it should be clear (If a bit funky) as it is.

Anyways, looks like a very decent system if it's semi-accurate.

Well if you are offering could you tell me if this translation is acturate?

"Assassin's Creed III was op de E3 namelijk aanwezig op Nintendo's nieuwste spelcomputer en op zich is dat prachtig nieuws voor Nintendo. Tenminste, als je even buiten beschouwing laat dat de Wii U-versie er beduidend slechter uitziet dan zijn Xbox 360- en PlayStation 3-broer. Waar de laatstgenoemde versie schitterden met een hoge detaillering en soepele gameplay, viel bij de Wii U-versie direct op dat de game onscherp oogt en meer dan eens kampt met vervelende framerateproblemen.

Desgevraagd liet de ontwikkelaar weten dat de Wii U-versie nog in ontwikkeling is en op gelijk niveau met de Xbox 360- en PlayStation 3-versie zou komen. Er zouden zelfs al dezelfde assets (textures en charactermodels, etcetera) worden gebruikt. Het baart ons alleen lichtelijk zorgen dat juist die textures er op de Wii U een stuk vlakker en ongedetailleerder uitzagen. Wij houden hierdoor graag een slag om de arm."

"Assassin's Creed III was in fact present at the E3 Nintendo's latest console and that in itself is wonderful news for Nintendo. That is, if you would put aside the fact that the Wii U version looks significantly worse than its Xbox 360 - PlayStation 3 brothers. Where the latter version sparkled with high detail and smooth gameplay, we directly noticed that the Wii U version of the game looks blurry and more than once faced annoying framerate problems.

When asked, the developer let know that the Wii version, is still in development and the quality level would become equal with the Xbox 360 - and PlayStation 3 version. There are even the same assets (textures and character models, etc.) being used. It slightly worries us that the very same textures on the Wii U look much much flatter and lacked detail. We'll keep our eye out because of this.

My man, I have to say, you translated the words pretty perfect, but as with any language a lot of them have to be repositioned and slightly altered in which sense they're used.

Birimbau said:
green_sky said:
I am liking 7850 rumour. It is a good card. Seems better than 6670 rumours or was that xbox 720. Two 6670's would be close to it though.

This card alone goes for $200-250. So atleast a $500 console maybe.

The GPU that RSX is based cost at least $400 in 2005.

by the time they released it the cost of that gpu would be $20.

zarx said:
Scoobes said:

Yea 2GB is pretty tiny for a unified RAM pool, that is only 4x the current systems. That would be like the 360 launching with 256MB of RAM, Epic won't stand for that lol.

Lol, true! And Epic are in a pretty unique and powerful position too. The E3 demos of UE4 look mighty impressive.

Adobo said:
Birimbau said:
green_sky said:
I am liking 7850 rumour. It is a good card. Seems better than 6670 rumours or was that xbox 720. Two 6670's would be close to it though.

This card alone goes for $200-250. So atleast a $500 console maybe.

The GPU that RSX is based cost at least $400 in 2005.

by the time they released it the cost of that gpu would be $20.

.... not quite