By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ZombieU WTF This looks really interesting O_O;;;;;

I can just imagine myself playing this for months going "GOD DAMNIT! I died.....huh.....ok one more try"

Looks like a true survival horror, loving it right now

Around the Network
bobgamez said:
I can just imagine myself playing this for months going "GOD DAMNIT! I died.....huh.....ok one more try"

The really cool part I liked about it, is that it appears to be real-time. In Resident Evils, don't quote me on this, but I'm sure you can pause gameplay just to check your inventory and the like, this game feels like an authentic survival horror with that real-time flavor and how you have to check over your shoulder while you're lockpicking. Having the Gamepad seems like a must for a game like this, where you don't have the luxary of paused-gameplay.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

Oromashu said:
bobgamez said:

The really cool part I liked about it, is that it appears to be real-time. In Resident Evils, don't quote me on this, but I'm sure you can pause gameplay just to check your inventory and the like, this game feels like an authentic survival horror with that real-time flavor and how you have to check over your shoulder while you're lockpicking. Having the Gamepad seems like a must for a game like this, where you don't have the luxary of paused-gameplay.

in resident evil, you do have to pause the game. I just couldn't see zombiU working on another platform as well, can you Imagine having to go through menus with a normal controller? Wouldn't be nearly as fast or comfortable. This is the perfect game that uses the Wii U gamepad correctly

Its getting a lot of hype! a must buy fo early Wii U owners

Resident Evil 6 could learn a lot from this game.

Around the Network

ZombiU looks fantastic, definitely getting it with my Wii U, the trailer was insanely epic.

Day 1 without a doubt. Thank god for flex days

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

If this comes launch day like Red Steel and NintendoLand is a pack-in, then I'll get one at launch, so long as it's not ridiculously expensive (

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Couple of issues I have; the environmental scanner is a really, really terrific idea but the mechanic itself looks very cumbersome and could become a real nuisance after a while.
Controls looks off, especially the melee seemed unresponsive and not very precise, this is a beta (or even alpha) build though so this won't be an issue at launch (most probably).
No checkpoint = no saves, you have to play through the entire game without pause, good old NES style?

Gotta say though, above complaints aside, this looks incredibly cool! I love the concept around dying and losing skills/hoarded items and you need to recover them from your previous character, that's truly unique to me! The mood, sound, visuals and overall finish seems great and the game isn't even done yet! This could be a real sleeper hit if they do things right, wish the developers all the best, if the WiiU can manage to keep producing original and deeper titles like this along with games with mass appeal, then perhaps it has a shot at true greatness.

Can't wait, just hope the controls hold up :/