By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now Tomb Raider is coming to the Wii U? Anyone else excited for this great looking game?

If so, it may be the best version......but the 360 gets the DLC first so I'm going with that one. Had there been no DLC, I'd definitely want to go with a Wii U version.

Around the Network

This might prove to some people that Nintendo can be attractive to 3rd Parties!

Or that HD really does make a difference.

other than watch dogs being number one, tomb raider was a close tie at 2nd place with ac3.
And i do hope it comes to wii-u, even if i have to wait.

zarx said:
Byclop said:
but its coming to the U?

not at the moment

Despite the magazine listing to the contrary, the new Tomb Raider reboot is not on the way to Wii U.

In the interest of heading off misinformation at the pass, we wanted to drop a quick note correcting a mistake in the July issue of Game Informer, which is on shelves right now. We incorrectly listed Tomb Raider coming to Wii U, which is incorrect. Tomb Raider is headed to 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on March 5th of next year. 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/07/correction-tomb-raider-not-targeting-wii-u.aspx

So they made the rumor, and killed the rumor, but has anything truly official been stated yet?

jlrx said:

So they made the rumor, and killed the rumor, but has anything truly official been stated yet?

Speaking in an FAQ on the Eidos Games forum, she said Crystal Dynamics isn't interested in creating a port for Wii U.

"If we started building a game for the Wii U we would build it very differently and we would build it with unique functionality."

However, since the re-imagined Tomb Raider started production prior to Nintendo's announcement of the Wii U and is designed around the current generation platforms, the studio has no plans to release the game on Nintendo's upcoming console.

"When we started developing the game we made a conscious decision that it was all about building the game for a platform and making sure the game was specific to that platform. Given that we've been working on the game quite a while before Wii U was announced I think it would not be right to try and port it across."

The FAQ also confirmed the developer is "in the middle of discussions with a company" about a Mac version of Tomb Raider, but it is unlikely to be released at the same time as its Xbox 360, PS3 and PC counterparts.

http://www.powergamescheats.com/gaming-news/67-pc-games-news/9631-tomb-raider-wii-u-would-need-to-be-built-from-scratch.html

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Really Spurge, you should change the name of this thread: it only gives ppl false hope - myself included =(

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I can't belive there's some that still call this Tomb Raider...

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Please leave things like "this great looking game" out when asking for others opinion. Put that off to the side because anyone who disagrees is going to go straight for that.

So it's not coming to Wii U because of the system's features? I wasn't going to buy it anyway but that's a bit of a cop-out. Just because it has the fancy controller doesn't mean that developers HAVE to use it.

I guys the developers missed the WiiU Pro controler...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.