By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now Tomb Raider is coming to the Wii U? Anyone else excited for this great looking game?

E3 didn't sell me on the game and doubt it will. I won't be getting it but my brother seems pretty damn interested in it.

This is coming from a very big action/adventure and open world fan.

Around the Network
zarx said:
PullusPardus said:
Nah, I love tomb Raider, but I don't like Uncharted, I AM getting this game, but I hope it flops so that Chrystal Dynamics can go back to good type of tomb raider. the one with Adventure.

there is hope for the game

"How will you explore that island? It's a balancing job for Crystal Dynamics. While the E3 demo was very scripted and QTE heavy, it isn't very representative of the action as a whole. "We wanted to be able to give the player the freedom to move around and really be the treasure hunter and explorer," says Stewart. "But at the same time we want to be able to tell players to go from point A to B and tell them a really rich story; really immerse them in the world.

"So we've built these hub areas, which are connected across the whole island. When you first arrive in an area you'll need to go from point A to B to get through the story objective, but once you've cleared the area you'll be able to fast-travel back to it and really explore it to find new things and unlock new parts of the game."

it's not entirely a scripted setpeice game 

Seems more of Prince Of Persia (2008) Style, I am interested, they should have shown THAT instead of what we saw.

For me Wii U getting Tomb Raider and Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, its a must buy then, i'll not need to buy a PS3 or 360

Never played one before, but it looks good so far c:

game looks good,can't wait.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

Seems more of Prince Of Persia (2008) Style, I am interested, they should have shown THAT instead of what we saw.

It's a lot harder to show exploration and puzzel solving in a triler than cinimatic scripted events. It's the same reason that stealth games like Splinter Cell, Dishonored and Hitman are shown with run and gun action, because showing someone spend 10 minutes sneaking arround in the shadows doesn't make an exiting trailer. It's also why XCOM: Enemy Unknown's E3 trailer was a bunch of cinimatic kill shots and explosions, as showing someone spend several minutes planning out a turn is not an exiting trailer. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

but its coming to the U?

Byclop said:
but its coming to the U?

not at the moment

Despite the magazine listing to the contrary, the new Tomb Raider reboot is not on the way to Wii U.

In the interest of heading off misinformation at the pass, we wanted to drop a quick note correcting a mistake in the July issue of Game Informer, which is on shelves right now. We incorrectly listed Tomb Raider coming to Wii U, which is incorrect. Tomb Raider is headed to 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on March 5th of next year. 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/07/correction-tomb-raider-not-targeting-wii-u.aspx

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Tomb Raider? Hell yeah!

zarx said:
Byclop said:
but its coming to the U?

not at the moment

Despite the magazine listing to the contrary, the new Tomb Raider reboot is not on the way to Wii U.

In the interest of heading off misinformation at the pass, we wanted to drop a quick note correcting a mistake in the July issue of Game Informer, which is on shelves right now. We incorrectly listed Tomb Raider coming to Wii U, which is incorrect. Tomb Raider is headed to 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on March 5th of next year. 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/07/correction-tomb-raider-not-targeting-wii-u.aspx