By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U supports 1080p, CPU and GPU confirmed - UPDATE: Spec sheet! 1.5 GB RAM, 3 core PowerPC CPU etc. Thread now includes FREE Icelandic lessons!

I know this is still hard to answer, but with these specs how much powerful the system will be compared to the 360 and PS3? 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
lilbroex said:
ethomaz said:

Just me thinks that low???

"supports 720p 4x MSAA or 1080p rendering in a single pass"

If that is low then what would you call high?

I was expecting 1080p 4X MSAA for next gen... anyway some game run 720p 4x MSAA or 1080p in PS360.

That's is just a little better than XENOS (360)... seems like a HD 4750 or 4770.

lilbroex said:

There will likely never be a generation where games will all be 60 FPS. Its not a specification of the system. No matter how good you can make a game look at 60 FPS, you can make it look 2x better at 30 FPS.

Disagree. 1 of the reasons Rage is number 1 for me in visuals even after playing the Uncharted games firsthand is because it also runs so smooth helping the game to look better to.

So.. what is this? 4 wii taped together or what?

Wii U games looking only "slightly" better than games from 6 YEARS OLD consoles is a big, huge disappointment.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

man can lilbrosex stop anytime soon please? nice that you wish to give pezus some points for posts in this thread but common...

to the specs: at least it seem really be better than 360/ps3, hope we will at least see that in first party games anytime soon.

Stop what? Am I doing something wrong?

I didn't know that asking for more detailed explainations was a violation of the rules.

pezus said:
Maynard_Tool said:
So.. what is this? 4 wii taped together or what?

2 Wiis and a DS

pezus said:
ethomaz said:

Just me thinks that low???

"supports 720p 4x MSAA or 1080p rendering in a single pass"

More than 4x MSAA is really not needed. Should focus on something else instead. It's just a power hog above that.

For next gen?  You see PC gamers runing games in 720p 4xMSAA??? I think at least 1080p 2xMSAA.

UnknownFact said:
Wii U games looking only "slightly" better than games from 6 YEARS OLD consoles is a big, huge disappointment.

compare start titles of hd consoles with that. games which will look better on release will look much better in some years than nowadays games. or compare best xbox games with xbox 360 start games. sure there was a big difference but not even close to what we have now. and i believe no one did really expect wii u as strong as nextbox or ps4

pezus said:
UnknownFact said:

Keep in mind that these games are still being worked on and they are launch titles. Remember PS3/360 launch titles? Yeah...

Ah the good old days of Kameo and Call of Duty 2 Fortunately these were quickly abused by Gears of War (The first true HD console game IMO), which is being abused now by Halo 4, God of War:A, TLOU etc,