By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U supports 1080p, CPU and GPU confirmed - UPDATE: Spec sheet! 1.5 GB RAM, 3 core PowerPC CPU etc. Thread now includes FREE Icelandic lessons!

There will likely never be a generation where games will all be 60 FPS. Its not a specification of the system. No matter how good you can make a game look at 60 FPS, you can make it look 2x better at 30 FPS.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

For this gen? No problem...
For next gen? That's a big problem...

Except we have already had Carmack come out and say 30fps is probably going to be standard next gen...

@Pezus

Oh yeah, Cod, forgot about that. I didn't know there were many splitscreen PSN games that ran at 60fps. Any examples? Not that I don't believe you... just I feel like being a dick :P

lilbroex said:
That is called a question. I was just curious as to what your intentions were. It seemed like a typical doomsayer here to defend there more preferred companies console type of post. Nothing knew on to me. Just varifying whether or not you had any progressive intent. Have replied to this.

You comment lacked signs of any comrehension of tech or hardware. Not a single comment about anything specific in the topic post about spec. That's because I wasn't mentioning anything specific, that's a weird requirement for a post. No logic used. No reasoning. How? I said we could have 6 cores in Durango/Orbis, that's totally reasonable, and so is 3gb of ram considering what developers are asking for.   Nothing more than unfounded dreams and asperations of Microsoft and Sony's next console. These aren't "dreams and aspirations" It's called a prediction and an observation.

I was expecting something a little more unique and creative. Oh, sorry, what hardware predictions would of been more creative?

I guess some things will never change. Yes, arrogant users such as yourself who make worthless posts and talk a lot of nonsense.

freebs2 said:
Millenium said:
While not the most impressive specs, and they may run into the same Wii problems if 3'rd party abandons them, the 32mb eDRAM and Tesselation support are good though.

No standard 60GB (At least) harddrive is a mistake though.

To be honest an internal drive doesn't seem like a necessity. Almost anyone has an external HDD drive at home, and if not a new one comes for cheap, also you're not forced to buy a proprietary hard dirve (like on 360) or to break the warranty seal (like on Ps3).

Isn't it though? Nintendo for what it's worth seems to be trying to catch up with Sony and Microsoft in re-capturing "core gamers" and catch up in entertainment possibilities.

And these are the audiences that are going to need at least some sort of harddrive, for demo's, video's, DLC and so on, so forth. Seems a bit odd to me then that they're going to rely on USB sticks and internal memory mainly then. It also seems like a strange proposition that I should then go out and buy a 50 euro harddrive (They're not cheap here atm and buying one below 500GB seems silly) even though I probably just put down between 300 and 350 for their system...

Just my take on the matter though.

Andrespetmonkey said:
lilbroex said:
That is called a question. I was just curious as to what your intentions were. It seemed like a typical doomsayer here to defend there more preferred companies console type of post. Nothing knew on to me. Just varifying whether or not you had any progressive intent. Have replied to this.

You comment lacked signs of any comrehension of tech or hardware. Not a single comment about anything specific in the topic post about spec. That's because I wasn't mentioning anything specific, that's a weird requirement for a post. No logic used. No reasoning. How? I said we could have 6 cores in Durango/Orbis, that's totally reasonable, and so is 3gb of ram considering what developers are asking for.   Nothing more than unfounded dreams and asperations of Microsoft and Sony's next console. These aren't "dreams and aspirations" It's called a prediction and an observation.

I was expecting something a little more unique and creative. Oh, sorry, what hardware predictions would of been more creative?

I guess some things will never change. Yes, arrogant users such as yourself who make worthless posts and talk a lot of nonsense.

You call me arrogant for asking you to elaborate? Well escuse me for liking to discuss things based more on facts and understanding rather than bias and pure speculation.

Around the Network

Just me thinks that low???

"supports 720p 4x MSAA or 1080p rendering in a single pass"

haxxiy said:
Sounds about twice as powerful as PS360, on average. Hope to see great graphics from their hardcore 1st party offerings.

The Cell Broadband Engine is still the more powerful CPU on consoles though, so that's something Sony fans can boast :P

Based on what? Any modern CPU will rape CELL when it comes to gaming performance.

ethomaz said:

Just me thinks that low???

"supports 720p 4x MSAA or 1080p rendering in a single pass"

If that is low then what would you call high?

man can lilbrosex stop anytime soon please? nice that you wish to give pezus some points for posts in this thread but common...

about the specs: at least it seems really be better than 360/ps3, hope we will at least see that in first party games anytime soon. can't wait to see a zelda in hd with some nice lighting and other stuff.

is it me, or the Pikmin 3 graphics are maybe the best on a console!? looks amazing to me, i keep rewatching just because of the graphics, some stuff looks like real in there O_O

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^