By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - God of War 2 director talks Wii development

It's 6am over here, haven't slept yet, dunno if I will, It'd be comfy though cause I washed my sheets for the first time in over a month.

But I'm at the point of no return now, so I might just stay up.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

I never said to take every thing in here as fact, I just said it was interesting. You are the one who said it was meaningless, implying there was nothing of value in the interview. Nice to see you can change your tune rather quickly though.

By boring I just meant that you weren't adding anything interesting to the discussion, rather than specifically not agreeing with me. I don't really care what your opinion is in relation to mine as long as you can back up your opinion with a logical debate, which you failed to do.

Logically I'm not the one who needs to prove anything.

The logical default for a positive premise is negative. If I jump up and start shouting that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and France are real then I am obligated to prove such. If you want to argue this developer's comments are meaningful, you are obligated to prove why you think they are.

As for backing up my opinion, it's as simple as asking has a developer ever lied to the public (blog, news article, or otherwise)? Does this developer have motivation to lie? If the answer to those is yes or even maybe, it's good enough to at least make the thoughtful reader somewhat wary of the above comments.

And it really is all meaningless until the developer can transform his beliefs into tangible works (games). Talk and praise alone don't make games; it's people acting on their words that create them.

I'm tired of people saying "Yeah, the Wii is doing terrific.  It'd be great to make a game on it."  I want to hear more people saying "Yeah, the Wii is doing terrific.  So much so that we're going to make a game on it."

ArtofAngels said:
It's 6am over here, haven't slept yet, dunno if I will, It'd be comfy though cause I washed my sheets for the first time in over a month.

I unfortunately do that quite often.  Just pass the point when there is any meaning to going to sleep and stay up. 

naznatips said:
ArtofAngels said:

I unfortunately do that quite often.  Just pass the point when there is any meaning to going to sleep and stay up. 

I do it quite often myself recently, I just need to stay quite active and drink a lot of sugar based drinks, I have a few things to do today one including driving 200km's, but I should be fine seeing as I woke up at about 1pm yesterday, all I need is an earlish sleep tonight (which wont happen)

I find having a multiple showers can substitute sleeping at the best of times.

RolStoppable said:
ArtofAngels said:

I know what you are talking about. The last time it happened to me that I couldn't sleep and simply stayed up, I decided to write the Resident Evel thread.

I know as well; last time I stayed up for more than 20 hours awake, the first thing I read over the internet was the Resident Evel thread and spectacularly fell for it at start.

Around the Network

I think after staying up longer then 36 hours is when your body and mind starts to funtion less efficiently.

Depends how often you do it as well and what you were doing through out those 36 hours, your body tends to get more used to it in the end.

its been proven the humane body only needs 4 hours of sleep to function---anything after that /uptill 7-8 is extra after that cut you start to have negative effects on the body

Bahahahaha I keep my embarrassing posts just for good character, it's much worse if someone catches you out.

Especially if someone quotes you before doing so.

RolStoppable said:
routsounmanman said:
RolStoppable said:
ArtofAngels said:

I know what you are talking about. The last time it happened to me that I couldn't sleep and simply stayed up, I decided to write the Resident Evel thread.

I know as well; last time I stayed up for more than 20 hours awake, the first thing I read over the internet was the Resident Evel thread and spectacularly fell for it at start.

Yup, and after you realized that it was a joke thread you edited your first two posts in the thread. Very dishonorable. I have lost faith in you and your future posts.

I have grown to learn to watch my back, especially against people who use Kim Possible avatars.

BTW does anyone know, can somebody die from staying awake too long? I mean, if someone forces you to stay awake for like 5-7 days?