By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VITA RISES FROM THE DEAD

After this sony conference it is obvious that the Vita is dead, even Sony showed only small support for the dying handheld.

Around the Network

Barely, with the cod audience pretty much sttel on homeconsoles, ACIII releasing the same day and bioshock barely in development. Vita will still have a rough year.
When is MW3 releasing?

Yes because AC Bloodlines on PSP just sent the PSP to new heights.

Meh.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

The 3 games announced are:
-New, exclusive Assassin's Creed (great for the console)
-Call of Duty picture (not so good for the console)
-PlayStation All-star Battle Royale (same as the PS3, bad for the console)

NOTHING ELSE!! Sony dropped the ball there, at least a game reel with PSVita tittles was required

I wouldnt call moving 2 inches up rising....

Around the Network
Paul said:
The Japanese sales are going to go through the roof.

Hahahahahaha.

Excellent comment.

I was surprised there wasn't more Vita stuff too.

Thing is though, AC3: Liberation and a proper, multiplayer-centric Call of Duty game will help to shift them in the West (on top of pre-existing stuff like Uncharted).

Perhaps the rest of their announcements - something for the Japanese crowd, is going to come from the Tokyo Game Show. I can't see them completely ignoring that market.

Regardless, the console isn't dead yet. It took a year, perhaps more like a year and a half, for the really good PS3 exclusives to start trickling in.

Sony already lost faith in the thing... no other thing can explain how they dedicated 3 minutes of the conference to vita.

or maybe they are pretty confident in the vita and its sales in the next few months so that they dont need to advertise it at all :(
Still getting the white one !

Mmmmmm... It's gonna be a hard year for Vita....