By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VITA RISES FROM THE DEAD

Well I thought Id catch up on the posts I have missed in this thread and jsut as I started reading, an email from Nintendo telling me to download a demo of RE:Revelations for free on a 3DS. This was so unexpected, never received emails liek that from them haha.

back on topic, it would appear a few people feel the way I do, Not enough unique games for vita but stand alone games that are pretty much console games you can enjot on your ps360.

Around the Network
enrageorange said:

showing off these games as exclusive is basically like showing off wii versions of multiplatform games as exclusives. Yes the game is different, but only because the console or in this case the portable isn't able to handle a straight up port of the game... and now with the vita the devs decided to do a quick name change.

Sort of, with some of them. Sony Smash Bros will likely be pretty much the same game, but portable and with lower resolution that won't be too noticeable because of the smaller screen. COD will likely be the kind of weak port you're talking about. Assassin's Creed looks like a completely different game, like Resident Evil: Revelations compared to RE6.

Still, nothing they showed screamed "system seller" to me. Even Assassin's Creed will probably only give a small boost; no previous portable entry has sold amazingly well, so I don't expect this one to.

the_dengle said:
enrageorange said:

showing off these games as exclusive is basically like showing off wii versions of multiplatform games as exclusives. Yes the game is different, but only because the console or in this case the portable isn't able to handle a straight up port of the game... and now with the vita the devs decided to do a quick name change.

Sort of, with some of them. Sony Smash Bros will likely be pretty much the same game, but portable and with lower resolution that won't be too noticeable because of the smaller screen. COD will likely be the kind of weak port you're talking about. Assassin's Creed looks like a completely different game, like Resident Evil: Revelations compared to RE6.

Still, nothing they showed screamed "system seller" to me. Even Assassin's Creed will probably only give a small boost; no previous portable entry has sold amazingly well, so I don't expect this one to.

well i think those games would work better if they were built from the ground up using the vita hardware similar to how revelations was made from the ground up for the 3ds.

mootap said:

well i think those games would work better if they were built from the ground up using the vita hardware similar to how revelations was made from the ground up for the 3ds.

How do know know Assassin's Creed wasn't?

New color (white)
New bundle with AC and memory card
Call of Duty exclusive
Assassins Creed
Playstation Battle Royale cross game play
New Apps (Youtube, Hulu, Crackle)
Playstation 1 classics
Bioshock exclusive
LBP cross play

I think that was everything about the Vita at the conference?
add if there was anything else

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
9087 said:
Cobretti2 said:
9087 said:
Cobretti2 said:
half those games are just console spin offs. Not really that excited.

I wish Nintendo and Sony did more original content exclusive for handhelds.

Being able to play COD multiplayer on a handheld could be huge. If it's advertised and promoted. 

Assassins Creed exclusive + bundle + white VITA

it could be huge, but personally what is the point? I already got COD on the PS3, how much more COD do I need? I dont want a portable PS3, I want something new.

Why do ppl buy Nintendo DS then? It has mostly the same franchises as their consoles

my guess is 2D mario and pokemon as they where not on Wii when DS was out.

then you got those people who just have to have everything from their favourite franchise.

Scribblenauts, Elite Beat Agents, and very many third party games that aren't on the wii. Even those franchises you say are the same as on the consoles usually play very differently. And one of the main things the DS had going for it was that it wasn't powerful enough for devs to make watered down ports of console games. They had to build for the ground up for the DS. Look at GTA for example. The first two GTAs that released on the PSP were ultimately not as fun and unique as Chinatown Wars on the DS, which was eventually scaled up to the PSP. I could speak more, but if you are going to see my point, you've probably seen it already.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

I thought Sony's conference was terrible for the PS Vita.

What!? I can’t believe how wrong you got it. I’m embarrassed for both of us... :P

But really! The conference was pretty good for PS3 with BEYOND, The Last of Us. etc., but the PSVITA showing was crap: not a damn new game announced! This year's E3 was the perfect opportunity to discuss the future of the console and its strengths, but Sony wasted it.

They only showed a trailer from the Assassin's Creed spin-off, the title screen from the Call of Duty spin-off, and confirmed a long rumored port of a crappy rip-off game full of dull characters.

I was even begging them to lie again; to announce something unreal, like they did with Agent, Resident Evil Portable (The Last Guardian?), if only to pretend they are preparing something...

Last year, was too early to show exclusive new software; and next year, all eyes will be on PS4 and it will be too late. It's a shame because the hardware is great, but without software it's useless, and I'm starting to regret buying it.

Next TGS, if they don't bring back Monster Hunter, it's over. It will not sell and third parties won't care...

I was truthfully hoping for something a bit more, Sony needed something to help pick up Japanese sales. In this regard especially, there wasn't anything, but Sony did seem to exclude plenty of PS3 and Vita games from the conference: LBP: Karting, Sly Cooper 4, LBP Vita, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Vita.

I'm not totally sure what Sony was doing with these titles, but Sony did need to highlight them more, they needed to help get them on peoples radar.

TheKoreanGuy said:

So I take it that people want to conclude that Vita is dead now? Okay.

It was dead even before it was launched.

Anyway, there will be another Vitea tengoku soooo... 

TBH if wasn't for the leaks or if wasn't revealed to early a lot of you guys will creamed your pants if Assassin's Creed Liberation was first revealed there. Trololol!