By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VITA RISES FROM THE DEAD

25 demos on the floor

can't wait for more gameplay

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
From what I saw Sony is making the exact same mistake as the PSP.

Instead of doing real 1st party developed AAA games they give it PS3 ports and 3rd party spinoffs when most gamers are going to buy the 360/PS3 version anyway (Assassins creed and COD come to mind).

I think it will hurt PS3 if they shift too many resources towards the Vita. Sony seems to be in a hard place, but they seem to have decided to keep the bulk of their resources invested in PS3 with Vita getting the leftovers. Shame.

Shifting developers to the Vita won't hurt the PS3 much. The PS3 thrives off of third-parties & most of Sony's developers don't make any large impacts to sales.

pezus said:
Euphoria14 said:
zimbawawa said:

"fuck the west" is what they are saying today.

In all seriousness, vita will probably be the main focus during TGS.

We still have Gamescom.

Maybe people just give no fucks about E3 anymore. Let's hope that's the case.

Onwards to August people!

Yup, Gamescom>E3 for me most of the time

this is the vibe I'm getting

dust and killzone are both European so maybe that's where they'll be, plus the fact the Sony save their price cuts and redesigns for that conference, GT is much bigger there than anywhere else, maybe the importance has shifted

we'll see

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

Instead of doing real 1st party developed AAA games they give it PS3 ports and 3rd party spinoffs when most gamers are going to buy the 360/PS3 version anyway (Assassins creed and COD come to mind).

I think it will hurt PS3 if they shift too many resources towards the Vita. Sony seems to be in a hard place, but they seem to have decided to keep the bulk of their resources invested in PS3 with Vita getting the leftovers. Shame.

Shifting developers to the Vita won't hurt the PS3 much. The PS3 thrives off of third-parties & most of Sony's developers don't make any large impacts to sales.

lol so very very wrong

Playstation 3 had NO system sellers this entire gen, it sales gradually increased as the price went down and the library quantity and quality increased

logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

lol so very very wrong

Playstation 3 had NO system sellers this entire gen, it sales gradually increased as the price went down and the library quantity and quality increased

What part was wrong? The fact that the PS3 thrives off of third-parties? That is correct, just look at the best selling games. There are some first-party games, but third-party games are the dominant majority.

Or the fact that most of Sony's developers don't make any large impacts to sales? This is true also. Outside of Polphony Digital, Naught Dog & Sony Santa Monica, none of Sony's studios are actively making any big selling games for the PS3. Developers like Guerrilla Games, Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, etc could go focus on the Vita without a noticeable affect to the PS3's hardware sales.

Around the Network

Recapitulating, is it dead (like PC), alive (like phones and tablets), undead (like PSP) or something else?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!