By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation is a bigger and more important invention than PC

PlayStation a bigger invention than PC?

Yeah 80 30.42%

No PS2 was bigger! 30 11.41%

SNES ftw! 152 57.79%

Total:262
crissindahouse said:

harharhar first of all you can bring the old poll results back and not stealing all our votes just because you didn't like  them verstanden?

I like how you just assume he can speak german just because hes turkish and thus must be some ghetto low-life living in west berlin and is unemployed school dropout ;D

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
crissindahouse said:

harharhar first of all you can bring the old poll results back and not stealing all our votes just because you didn't like  them verstanden?

I like how you just assume he can speak german just because hes turkish and thus must be some ghetto low-life living in west berlin and is unemployed school dropout ;D

no i was responding in german because he used italian. if this word is used in english as well than i didn't know^^ (my post should be a reply to his last post but someone esle posted between us)

I disagree.
Without the PC, there would be no Playstation....

They just "hate" PC because a PC is not just for entertainment. Might be a little too psychological but I guess those people voted fun and entertainment over work and stress. Of course, PS is better than PC then. But PS and Internet wouldn't even be without personal computers.

pezus said:
Turkish said:
I do agree with the statement, PS1 really must have changed the world if it ranks higher than the pc, without the PS 17 years ago our would have looked much different now.

Why are your polls always insanely biased? Where is my PC> PS option?

There was a "No" option before, but that dominated the poll so obviously he removed it...

Around the Network

lol most ridiculous fan boy statement i have seen in a while..... what did ps brought to the table beside destroying sega and stealing franchises from nintendo.... unless you take sales as a proof of innovation and relevance... ps is probably the company that changed the least the market....if anything nintendo is the big one with nes and snes and then sega with MS accomplishing what sega couldn't with the dreamcast and online gaming..... ps is to gaming what blu ray is to media distribution an innovative tech on top of it all that didn't really changed anything and will fade with time..... don't get me wrong i don't think ps will disappear or that ps2 wasn't a success... but come give me one example of change they brought to the market??? move??? eye toy??? give me a break.... and of course PC all the way since the 40 changed more to the world than anything else since the wheel maybe and electricity.... most job today to be efficiently done needs a pc or a computer chip at some level.... when a ps is technicaly useless to most..... better yet almost owned every console since the early 80s but never bought a ps and never will... see how irrelevant to one person's life ps can be....

Does not say an awful lot about the AskMen readership or maybe its because they simply did not know what a PC was, maybe they thought it was a printed circut. One could argue that a modern day console meets the criteria of a PC but that depends on what your criteria is.

The PC is probably more important than the internet if we go done the route that without a PC the PS3 would never of been designed and without PC's we would never of needed the internet. Using my same arguement I would now propose the PC this timethe Printed Circuit is the most important as without it the PC would never of been made...

Pffffft... the sound of my head exploding.

and on and on and on it goes.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Jazz2K said:
Lol... the most important innovation in the world is PC of course. Almost nothing is made without a PC since the last 30 years.

shouldn't that credit really go to the transistor, cause vacuum tubes, well you know

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridiculous.

Playstation didn't make gaming better, and it most certainly wasn't a bigger innovation than the friggin PC!

It's just a poorly executed poll giving poor results.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Individuals responding to the poll used PCs to do it, of course.

This poll, brought to you by the same place that says everyone is voting for Ron Paul.