By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Gears of War to be announced at E3 for XBox360 says GameInformer.

FanCensus

Microsoft will announce a new Gears of War during its E3 conference on Monday it has been revealed by gaming magazine GameInformer. Nothing is known about this title at the moment other than the image revealed below, showing a silhouetted figure in chains. Remember back in the first Gears of War, we find Marcus in a prison cell having spent four years for abandoning his military post in order to make a vain attempt to save his father, Adam Fenix so maybe we could be seeing a prequel of some sort here?

Epic Games president Mike Capps, has also revealed the developers who are involved via his Twitter account writing, “Do I detect People Can Fly involvement? YES YES YES!” in response to a question aimed at Bulletstorm creative director Adrian Chmielarz. Chmielarz replied with “I detect Epic PR team’s heart attack,” before said message was deleted.

Does this mean the developer is completely working on it or simply lending a hand? I for one enjoyed Bulletstorm so really look forward to seeing what the Polish developer can do with the franchise. With E3 now just days away expect to find out more at Microsoft’s conference come Monday.

http://blog.fancensus.com/new-gears-of-war-announcement-being-worked-on-by-people-can-fly/

Around the Network

would make sense with people can fly if it is maybe a first person shooter or something not exactly like gear 1-3. epic could concentrate on other ip's or "the real" gears 4 then

OMG not liking these rumors or speculation. If this is a Kinect title I'm gonna Barf, FPS? the best part about Gears is the cover system and movement that is what makes it unique. People Can Fly involvement not a good thing IMO, bulletstorm was a one note gimmick that got old after 45 mins, and really didnt offer any replay value.

Euphoria14 said:

My money says this is Gears of War: Exile.

That was supposed to be cancelled, although you can never really know with some development studios. The problem I have with Gears is know that the Locust are extinct it means there isn't any way to take the series forward (in terms of timeline progression post-Gears 3). The most likely setting I can see is one focusing on the Battle of Ephrya prior to Gears 1 (although I wouldn't be a huge fan of this concept as it would draw too many pararells with Halo: Reach) or focusing on the intial outbreak of the Lambent in the Hollows and the Locust's efforts to contain/defeat it. Played from the Locust's perspective that could be quite promosing.

I'm going go out on a limb and say it will tie in with The Slab.

Around the Network
dj2one said:
OMG not liking these rumors or speculation. If this is a Kinect title I'm gonna Barf, FPS? the best part about Gears is the cover system and movement that is what makes it unique. People Can Fly involvement not a good thing IMO, bulletstorm was a one note gimmick that got old after 45 mins, and really didnt offer any replay value.

No way its FPS or Kinect... i would kill arghhh

Its gonna be Gears of War maybe a little different and more fast paced than others because different studio but im pretty sure Epic is helping on the game so we can hope for high quality standards.

Saw these posted over on Gaf

The new installment in Epic's million-dollar franchise is Gears of War: Judgment. The July cover of Game Informer shows series mainstay Damon Baird shackled as the Locust hordes rage around him. Augustus "Cole Train" Cole, soldier and world-famous Thrashball player, dons our second cover image in the same precarious situation.

Doesn't look or sound like a Kinect title at least!

Sweet, Baird's my favourite character. I'm intrigued.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Wow, I really thought that was Marcus on the cover.