By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Week 21: May 21 - May 27

Could the 3DS be back on top this week I wonder? I think so!

Meh all around, but good for DD and FE!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

So basically we eagerly wait for Golden Week because everything is up, and then everything is down for several weeks, more than negating any extra sales achieved in Golden Week.

Anyway, very good numbers for Dragon's Dogma, even the 360 version did decent and boosted HW sales.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Fire Emblem is doing extremely well. It's only down 2% from last week!

sales2099 said:
oo, what happened to 360?

What do you mean? It went up most likely because of Dragon's Dogma. Right?

VicViper said:

Kid Icarus is off the top 20 :(

But it'll rise again... just too much psp new tiny games.

Nice for 3ds, Mario Tennis boosted it 10k. Next week is going to be huge, maybe 150k? (this is the first ever DQ themed system after all!)

Vita is bad, but its ressurgence is coming. Let's see if it hangs out without dropping till there. That budget game supported those sales... tiny games are important for that.

I think most of these early year 3DS games will rise really high up during Holidays. We'll see them again.

DQ is coming out next week?! I didn't even notice! It'll for sure sell well! 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I am impressed by the Fire Emblem numbers. Not so much by the 3DS hardware numbers. It's about time that Nintendo releases another evergreen.

Do you know if this FE is doing well compared to the older ones? It seems like it might have quite good legs.

VicViper said:
^"We hate you"
The VGChartz Community

I agree. It's a really nice 3DS...

RolStoppable said:

You should read the whole thread before replying. The numbers for the other Fire Emblem games have been posted and Awakening is already guaranteed the #3 spot at worst and has a good shot at becoming the second best selling FE in Japan ever.

I was posting as I went along. Sorry.

Only 2nd place? With the way 3DS is selling in Japan I can see it becoming #1.

thank god Mario tennis did ok, i really thought it would bomb, like 60-70k
hw sales are disappointing, 3ds is just doing ok
next week should be better
hw 80k + Dq 400k ?
also, Fire emblem should reach 1m ww

RolStoppable said:

You should read the whole thread before replying. The numbers for the other Fire Emblem games have been posted and the #1 spot is far above the rest.

You should listen to what I said.

I still think with the way 3DS is selling in Japan it could pass it up.