By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix should sell their game licences to Mistawalker.

jack100 said:

@noname2200 - I see the box witht he quote in it, but I can't type anything in it....it's annoying. I thought javascript was off, bt I checked it's on.....unless if I'm missing something else.

Hmm... Not sure what to tell you. I've never heard of this problem before. Hoepfully someone more knowledgable than I can help.

Around the Network

Monolith Soft >>>>> Mistwalker > Square-Enix.

@Ghutto - I don't know about that, I do love Xenoblade and want another Baiten Kaitos game, but in my opinion it's Mistawalker >> Monolith Soft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>...........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Square-Enix

No! Squeenix should just stop existing.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Nope, Squeenix should make the HD version of FFX and leave Mistwalker to do Lost Odyssey 2 with Feel Plus

Around the Network

Mistwalker are fine.  But unfortunately, that's all I find they are - fine.  I think 'The Last Story' was the weakest of the 3 Operation Rainfall games to come over, and I didn't really like what I played of Blue Dragon.  Lost Odyssey I haven't played so I won't pass judgement.

Squeenix aren't what Square once were, but they do occassionally show flashes that indicate they still know what they're doing.

Also:

jack100 said:

I think they should sell almost all of their licenses to Mistawalker, for a dollar, lol, so Sakaguchi can actually turn these series awesome again. Can you imagine, finally a sequal to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 stars.  

Squeenix don't own the IP to Super Mario RPG, Nintendo do.  They could ask Mistwalker to make a sequel to it if they wanted, or Square, but they haven't done.  I think they're happy with Paper Mario as their RPG-esque Mario game for the time being.

Why don't you let Mistwalker develop their own IPs?

Also, Square-Enix is awesome

Instead of just making Final Fantasy and other JRPG games, they now develop and publish games in a wide spectrum of genres.

I for instance could care less about Final Fantasy but am totally thrilled about the upcoming Hitman Absolution and Tomb Raider games. Also Deus Ex: Human Revolution was an amazing revival of an aged PC classic series. They also funded Rocksteady to make the Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games.

Why won't MS make another LO? it sold well what is there excuse?

Square Enix is relying on franchises they bought out. Hitman, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs among others .

@hatmoza - hahahahahaha, that's the whole point, they should sell everything they own for like a dollar to Mistwalker and just stop existing.....they'll be doing everyone a favour. Of course less Dragon Quest.

@Munkeh111 - If SE should make remakes it should go to the Nitendo Consoles. Playstation got most of the final fantasy remakes (except 3 I think) where as Nintendo didn't get any of the playstation ones. They should make a remake with FF7, 8 and 9 like an anthology pack for the Wii/WiiU. And another remake for FF10, 12, and a 3rd one for the 2 13 games. (Also this is part of SE that annoys me, they don't like to remake anything that came out on Sony to the other consoles, grrrrrr)

@Kresnik - Yeah, you're partially right about the Super Mario RPG, but SE owns some stuff, like Geno, Mallow and Smithy, if I remmeber correctly.

@cusman - I don't think SE had anything to do with Eidos. They just own it, Eidos would have made those games even without them. IT's their Japanese company that sucks.

@NobleTeam360 - Yeah, Though should make a LO2, it MUST have a sequal. On your second point, you're right, I"m mostly talking about their Japanese RPG cmpany that makes JRPGs mostly.