By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix should sell their game licences to Mistawalker.

jack100 said:
@Marteds - At least FF14 GOT a 49......that game was UNPLAYABLE....it shoud have gotten a ZERO, lol. THe Square Enix name gave them a 49....that's an insult. If Mistwalker made an unplayable game like that, people would have given them a well deserved ZERo, the actual review of FF14 at launch. Also 8.5 is some random high number I'm using.

@Dodece - Well said. I wasn't thinking like that. I just want people to know that there is another way....the MISTWALKER way, lol. I guess if smart people buy JRPG eventually Mistwalker's quality will shine unlike SquareEnix crap, lol.

@ishiki - lol, like I said above 8.5 was a random high number. Also like I said above giving FF14 a ranking of 49 for unplayable game.....seriously. Also SO is a tri-ace game published by SquareEnix. I'm saying Mistwalker type ratings cause that's true....they are 'pre internet popularity' but they had Mistwalker level rating. It's only when they got popular they started getting higher ratings.....like the 49 for FF14 *roll eyes*

have you played FFXIV? because it wasn't even unplayable in the beta, just incredibly boring with its bad interface, boring combat and quests.. You could say that it gets points for Music, Arstyle and graphics... the games that typically score less than that don't have those perks. (I gave it a 3.5 btw but this was beta) however reviews are generally inflated overall and don't use the whole scale.

why are Monolith, and Atlus able to outperform mistwalker then with no "Creator of Final Fantasy on the cover" Are you saying that having Sakaguchi and Uematsu related to the game doesn't inflate the score as well?

By all the things you're using as criteria, you'd say atlus and monolith are better than mistwalker, and SE should sell them licenses to them instead of keeping them or selling them to mistwalker. So why are you arguing for mistwalker?

Around the Network

@ishiki - I'm arguing for Mistwalker cause that's where the saviour of Square is now.....also the father of all of Square RPGs since he was the first one to make the first square RPG that got them out of bakruptcy..........SquareEnix SOOOOOO OWES HIM......

Also you could be right baout the inflated review score.....it has to be bribes. SE DOES have more money to give for bribes unlike Mistwalker. I know they did it with GTA4.....that was the only review score I saw at 7.5 then it was turned to 10, 30 seconds after, lol.

jack100 said:
@ishiki - I'm arguing for Mistwalker cause that's where the saviour of Square is now.....also the father of all of Square RPGs since he was the first one to make the first square RPG that got them out of bakruptcy..........SquareEnix SOOOOOO OWES HIM......

Also you could be right baout the inflated review score.....it has to be bribes. SE DOES have more money to give for bribes unlike Mistwalker. I know they did it with GTA4.....that was the only review score I saw at 7.5 then it was turned to 10, 30 seconds after, lol.

You're wrong Square Enix owes Sakagunchi nothing as he was responsible for the merger do to some of his bad decisions. He saved SquareSoft but also nearly bankrupt Squaresoft with Final Fantasy The Spirits Within. So while Sakagunchi help saved the company, he also almost destoryed SquareSoft causing him to get fired. Nobody owes him anything, he was doing his job in the first place. The second paragraph is nonsense with talking about Square Enix bribes reviewers to score their games. You need to realize that review scores are people personal opinion about the game and not your own. Honestly, I thought you were bringing up good points about how you feel about Mistwalker taking on Square Enix game licences, but this sounds like all you do is bash on Square Enix with pointless speculation. 

Isn't Mistwalker like a failure?
They're making mobile games now...

VGKing said:
Isn't Mistwalker like a failure?
They're making mobile games now...

Yes, Mistwalker is making 3 ios games now. I wouldn't know if they were a failure or successful company, but judging how no company is in co-development with them I would assume not so much a success. 

Around the Network

Why would you sell your IP's to Mistwalker ? , just as Enix never directly developed games , they contracted the likes of Quintet ( makers of terragama) and others to do it for them , with themselves then going on to own and publish the IP  or in the case of Star Ocean co -ownership, We have Mistwalker involved in something similar except as a third party, take the case of Lost Odyssey , MS takes on Enix's role but instead of a Quintet doing the whole game development , Mistwalker does the planning and has FeelPlus do the development , so in effect they operate as a creative third party , So if Square-enix wanted to use them all they have to do is contract them to do the planning for one of their IP's.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@Marteds - ok, the movie (which I loved) was a bomb and that was his fault I guess.....though I haven't done any research on if the CEO forced him to do it to make money on the FF buzz back then. Also if you claim "SS doesn't owe him anything cuase he was doing his job" then he also doesn't have to apologize for 'destroying' SS for making the movie. He was just doing his job. Can't have it both ways man. Also it wasn't a merger, it was mostly Enix buying out Squarsoft....also Sakaguchi LEFT SS, didnt' get fired.

Also if you don't beleive that reviewers get bribed....when you're blind to the dark truth.

@VGKing - in sales they are.....it's because nobody knows them. I bet if they reprint all of their games to "final fantasy 15 - The Lost Odyssey" and just sold that same game again it's going to be like a million seller. I'm sorry, but people are stupid. It was the same when Grandia came out......that was awesome.

Ouch. That's a brutal thing to say. I didn't say it's not true, though.

jack100 said:
@Marteds - ok, the movie (which I loved) was a bomb and that was his fault I guess.....though I haven't done any research on if the CEO forced him to do it to make money on the FF buzz back then. Also if you claim "SS doesn't owe him anything cuase he was doing his job" then he also doesn't have to apologize for 'destroying' SS for making the movie. He was just doing his job. Can't have it both ways man. Also it wasn't a merger, it was mostly Enix buying out Squarsoft....also Sakaguchi LEFT SS, didnt' get fired.

Also if you don't beleive that reviewers get bribed....when you're blind to the dark truth.

@VGKing - in sales they are.....it's because nobody knows them. I bet if they reprint all of their games to "final fantasy 15 - The Lost Odyssey" and just sold that same game again it's going to be like a million seller. I'm sorry, but people are stupid. It was the same when Grandia came out......that was awesome.

When in my last post did I demand Sakaguchi apologize to SquareSoft/Enix. I don't know where that response came from at all. He steep down from SquareSoft in 2003, I know that now. I doubt Sakaguchi would have had much of a role in Square Enix anymore due to his last decision of making that terrible movie. I never said reviewers don't get bribes, I was stating that reviews where opinions of other people who might like or dislike a game you may hate/love. You made a false claim that reviews only give Square Enix games 8.5 or higher do to bribes which was false. Finally, I doubt that last part of your post is true. Look at Final Fantasy 13-2 sales in Japan it shows you how many people skipped the sequel to Final Fantasy 13 over half the fanbase on the Playstation 3 skipped the game. So I doubt people only buy Final Fantasy games on the name only. Funny how you call people stupid for enjoying something different from you, when you cannot realize people have different taste and will like certain things more than you will and vice versa. 

@Marteds - again 8.5 was a random high number I chose, it doesn't mean that's the minimum. Also I don't want to be rude or anything on these post, but it's the cold hard truth sometimes. For example MOST poeple, again not all have bought every single call of duty game since 4....and they haven't touched the single player.....why? Why keep giving them money when the game asn't changed in the multiplayer universe. It's probably the name brand, just like the FF name brand. Also I think it's the 2 part......I'm not sure but I think the sales for 10-2 were also abysmal......but I'm toolazy to check the stats.