By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Classic Final Fantasy (I-X) fans, come post

Tagged games:

Ajescent said:
VicViper said:
I love them all, except VIII which I loathe, and X which I find very forgettable and bland - and an omen of things to come (XIII... brrrr)

HEATHEN!!

Burn him at the stake!

Around the Network

final fantasy X is not only my favorite ff game but it's also my favorite game of all time. My favorite scene is The Sending that Yuna performed in Kilika island. Can't wait for the HD version.

I'm replaying 9 as we speak

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

WiiBox3 said:

@happydolphin - As I was saying, I would really love if Square went out on a limb and used Yoshitaka Amano art look for the game, now that we have systems that could pull it off.

WOW! Never knew the first one! Gorgeous! Yoshitaka Amano is doing what nowadays?

I like nomura and all but not for FF. VII is the only one he did ok, and things were not changed yet.

happydolphin said:

Let's try to keep the mood in this thread, and keep the games we don't like personal, and post what we do like about our favorites, and at times if needed post constructive criticism on our favs too, without going too far.

One of my favorite moments in the final fantasy games is Final Fantasy IV, in the Lunar Underground, the path to the last boss was difficult and epic. If you died, you had to start all over from the beginning of the chamber. It also helped that the music was sublime (was it the same music as in the giant of babil?).

Wiibox3, where are you and your dark alter ego??

Here's another FFIV moment I love (Cecil becomes a Paladin):

Both great moments. The Magus sisters in IV's Tower of Zot were a challange I always enjoyed. They are still one of my favorite boss fights of all time. (Even though they are more of a mini boss.

"I am Sandy! I'm Cindy! And Mindy! We're the Magus Sisters! Sorry, but your quest will be over here. Take our Delta Attack and farewell!!" —The Magus Sisters

Around the Network

Favourite scene in FFX (from 3mins onwards) MASSIVE SPOILERS BTW!!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

How did I know that you were the OP, HappyD? XD

Anyway, it sucks that I wasn't a gamer when these came out (really, really young!) but I sure wish I was! My first FF was FFXIII. (Which is great, btw. )

Final Fantasy IX is my favourite. One of my favorite games of all time!

Vivi is the best Final Fantasy character imo.

VicViper said:
WiiBox3 said:

@happydolphin - As I was saying, I would really love if Square went out on a limb and used Yoshitaka Amano art look for the game, now that we have systems that could pull it off.

WOW! Never knew the first one! Gorgeous! Yoshitaka Amano is doing what nowadays?

I like nomura and all but not for FF. VII is the only one he did ok, and things were not changed yet.

He is working on an animated movie and a graphic novel that were anounced to be released this year. Here is the trailer for the movie.

I'm one of the different ones apparently. I absolute love the FF series in its entirety. There is an obvious hierarchy, but it's a complete mixture without a real pattern (a slight favoring on the new half rather than the old half).

@ Ajescent

Gah. I had to stop. I was about to get teary-eyed.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.