By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Classic Final Fantasy (I-X) fans, come post

Tagged games:

FFVI FTW! .

But let me say this, even as a huge FFVI fan, I still love FFXII to pieces (it's probably the only post FFVI game that comes close to the SNES classics, imo).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Final Fantasy X is my favorite game EVeRRR!!!

TruckOSaurus said:

Now that you've mentioned the final fight against Kefka, I have to post this masterpiece (btw I recommend the two Distant Worlds CDs to any Final Fantasy fan)

Only 10 minutes long the one that I have is about 18minutes long. I have it on my Ipod to play when I need something that will last. (That and Money for Nothing)

brendude13 said:

What did you think of Crisis Core? Or haven't you played it?

Not played it as I sold my PSP but from what I gathered it added extra plot points to the story of Zack that to be honest, I cared little about. His mystery with small side story you can find on disc 4 was enough to show him to be a good man. 

Hmm, pie.

happydolphin said:
WiiBox3 said:
Well I decided to give FF IX another go. Just downloaded it from PSN. It took two hours for a PS1 game, I can't imagine trying to download a PS3 game. Wish me luck, it's installing now.

Lucky duck, enjoy it and share here if you can.

So far I am enjoying FF IX, but a few things get me down. Most of my issues with IX are very minor. Here is my thought process. FF IX was marketed as a return to FF games of old, which they did through art design, musical hints, and quirkiness.

Here is my first issue: Themed music. FFVI was known for having great theme music for each area you visited and many characters had their own themes. FFIX misses the mark on not giving some of their most interesting characters theme music. A prime example where theme music could have greatly improved the game would have been for the court jesters Zorn & Thorn.

These two are quirky and interesting, but they don't have the same sence of threat and amuse as they would have if they were given a theme like:

FF IV's Gogo's Theme (Thought I was going to say Kefka's theme, didn't you?)

My second issue with the game is waiting for a battle to load. The camera sweeps around several times before it shows the enimy and then you are able to fight. This is anoying when you are grinding, that you need to wait so long to get into battle, especially when each battle is relitively short. A couple reasons why I can't complain too much about it, this game was on the PS1 and their engine probably needed the time to load all of the assetts for the battle. Also Lost Odyssey had longer load times.

I had a couple other minor gripes, which I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll mention them later after I have gotten back to the game.

Up to this point I am enjoying the game, but I am not being drawn into the story as much as I would have been if I were younger. I feel the story is aimed at a younger audience with it's theme of fitting in and discovering who you really are. If I were in Jr. High or High School, I think this would have been right on the nose.

Around the Network

My problem with Final Fantasy 9 was the lack of crystals. That's right, that bastard Kuja shouldn't have been after Bahamut but after the 4 crystals.

Yang_WenLi said:

I always get chill to this version of Terra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gax5ob68L3A&feature=related

Needless to say, my favourite FF by far. FF IX and IV comes next.

Just finished hearing this the other day, I been listening to it on youtube ever since, I almost shed a tear hearing this and watching what depressed Zidane ignoring everyone while there all trying to help.

Being a fan of VII, VIII and IX makes me a fan of 'classic' Final Fantasy? Awesome! (I always feel like I can't join in because I never played I - VI at the time, and haven't gotten around to it yet).

Anyway, FF VIII is probably my favourite game ever. At least a tied first, if not alone on the #1 spot. I love it. The atmosphere (warring gardens and mystical sorceresses), the explorable world it's in (Esther, Balalmb, everything was just so beautiful) the battles, the characters (o/), the story, junctioning, the ridiculous OTT summons, everything. It's fantastic.

I also love VII and IX. Didn't really see any major shift in quality between those 3 titles. VII was the first one I played so it has a kind of special place in my heart, while IX was the last one that I played which I really, really loved...

Yeah, didn't care for X at all. All the things I loved about VIII (characters, setting, freedom etc.) just seemed stripped out of that game and didn't impress me at all. I should go back and play it again one day, but I did get 60+ hours in and don't really have any desire to see it all again.

Kresnik said:
Being a fan of VII, VIII and IX makes me a fan of 'classic' Final Fantasy? Awesome! (I always feel like I can't join in because I never played I - VI at the time, and haven't gotten around to it yet).

Anyway, FF VIII is probably my favourite game ever. At least a tied first, if not alone on the #1 spot. I love it. The atmosphere (warring gardens and mystical sorceresses), the explorable world it's in (Esther, Balalmb, everything was just so beautiful) the battles, the characters (o/), the story, junctioning, the ridiculous OTT summons, everything. It's fantastic.

I also love VII and IX. Didn't really see any major shift in quality between those 3 titles. VII was the first one I played so it has a kind of special place in my heart, while IX was the last one that I played which I really, really loved...

Yeah, didn't care for X at all. All the things I loved about VIII (characters, setting, freedom etc.) just seemed stripped out of that game and didn't impress me at all. I should go back and play it again one day, but I did get 60+ hours in and don't really have any desire to see it all again.

You have a Spyro avatar and your favourite game ever is FFVIII. It seems we have the same videogame taste!

Kinneas14 said:
Kresnik said:

You have a Spyro avatar and your favourite game ever is FFVIII. It seems we have the same videogame taste!

Ahh excellent, an Irvine avatar.  It would appear that you too have excellent videogame taste!

Spyro: Year of the Dragon would be the other game I mentioned that has a possibility of tying with FFVIII for the #1 spot :>