By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 - not on Wii.

Tagged games:

I think we'll get it on WiiU, same as 6.

And it was pretty dire, so you haven't missed much.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Despite all the blind hate for the game, I found it to be an excellent game. If you liked RE4, you will love RE5 as well. It's a shame the Wii didn't get.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

The same reason Skyrim or Mass Effect never came to the system. It was just too weak, and they would have to heavily downgrade it for the system, but the WiiU has a good chance at getting Resident Evil 6 since Capcom is in love with Nintendo now.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Roma said:
we will get it on WiiU as well as get RE6

good thing i never bought 5 on my 360

Good thing for sure. But you should never buy RE5, it is a terrible game and nowhere near the quality of RE4.

z101 said:
Roma said:
we will get it on WiiU as well as get RE6

good thing i never bought 5 on my 360

Good thing for sure. But you should never buy RE5, it is a terrible game and nowhere near the quality of RE4.

Well I’ve heard it isn’t that good but terrible? Really?

Hopefully we get lots of improvements on the WiiU version

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
The same reason Skyrim or Mass Effect never came to the system. It was just too weak, and they would have to heavily downgrade it for the system, but the WiiU has a good chance at getting Resident Evil 6 since Capcom is in love with Nintendo now.

There was a video shown previously that proved this false, it was technically possible. The game could have been relatively easily down graded from HD, enhanced with Wii controls from RE4 and been a multi-million seller.

Capcom simply didn't want to put the resources into the game to do that. Their niche test games led them to believe it wouldn't recoup the investment even though RE4, a last-gen port, sold millions.

I have refused to buy in on my PS3 out of spite.

I don't think it is surprising, after all, Capcom has been doing some odd things lately. Maybe it'll come to Wii U with RE6 but who really knows with Capcom anymore.

Well considering how sucessfull capcom has been recently with nintendo with monster hunter and street fighter I guess they might do a special bundle with res6 and res5 in one special bundle...

RE4 is a port of the Gamecube or PS2 version.
RE5 was made on 360 or PS3. Not possible or worth it to dumb it down for the Wii.

I don't think they should release RE5 on the Wii U. It's just too old. It wouldn't sell.

Fusioncode said:

Why is Crapcom in love with Nintendo?