By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 - not on Wii.

Tagged games:

Because they thought if people are real gamers and not some crying kids they will get it on the X360 or PS3. It is not like Res 5 sales are bad :).

Around the Network
fedfed said:

hi guys, since Resident Evil 4 Wii was a port and has sold  more than 2 mil copies; Why Capcom has never made Resident Evil 5 on Wii?

Capcom has a good relationship with Nintendo so cannot be that.

What do you think?

Royalty? Exclusivity to the HD twins? Will be a surprise Wii-U game?

I think none of what you say is correct from top to bottom. You are assuming a lot. Resident Evil 4's success has nothing to do with nor did it bring any kind of relationship. RE4 Wii edition was an effortlesss port will no real alterations. Just GC graphics with PS2 extras and pointer functionality.

RE5 would have to be rebuilt which would take a lot of effort. Making a game that looks like even as good as RE4 on that hardware from scratch would still be an expensive task even today. Darkside Chronicles is what they gave us instead and you saw how that turned out.

A Wii version would have been well recieved even if it was a downgraded version. RE4 was great on Wii and the controls felt so right for the game.

How about because after the public spanking Capcom got for downporting Dead Raising to Wii they decided to never go that route again?

And some people seem to forget Capcom gave Wii the excellent and exclusive Monster Hunter Tri (and Capcom Vs Tatsunoko). Hardly a 'test' game.

They could certainly have done it, as Activision did with Call of Duty, but while CoD is an easy million seller for each yearly edition on Wii (not anymore granted) Capcom would be making a Wii engine for merely one game with questionable sales results.

I don't blame them. But it would have been nice.

superchunk said:
Fusioncode said:
The same reason Skyrim or Mass Effect never came to the system. It was just too weak, and they would have to heavily downgrade it for the system, but the WiiU has a good chance at getting Resident Evil 6 since Capcom is in love with Nintendo now.

There was a video shown previously that proved this false, it was technically possible. The game could have been relatively easily down graded from HD, enhanced with Wii controls from RE4 and been a multi-million seller.

Capcom simply didn't want to put the resources into the game to do that. Their niche test games led them to believe it wouldn't recoup the investment even though RE4, a last-gen port, sold millions.

I have refused to buy in on my PS3 out of spite.

Got a link?? How did the co-op play, since i would assume that would take up alot of the ram power, what about online?? same thing. I find it hard to believe that all they would have to do is downgrade it. Their are too many other varibles as well.

As for not buying it for PS3, normally i would say that its foolish not to buy a game for a system you own (since thats the whole point of having multi consoles) because its not coming to one you own, but honestly, it wasnt all that IMHO. I wish i never bought it.

Around the Network
lilbroex said:
fedfed said:

hi guys, since Resident Evil 4 Wii was a port and has sold  more than 2 mil copies; Why Capcom has never made Resident Evil 5 on Wii?

Capcom has a good relationship with Nintendo so cannot be that.

What do you think?

Royalty? Exclusivity to the HD twins? Will be a surprise Wii-U game?

I think none of what you say is correct from top to bottom. You are assuming a lot. Resident Evil 4's success has nothing to do with nor did it bring any kind of relationship. RE4 Wii edition was an effortlesss port will no real alterations. Just GC graphics with PS2 extras and pointer functionality.

RE5 would have to be rebuilt which would take a lot of effort. Making a game that looks like even as good as RE4 on that hardware from scratch would still be an expensive task even today. Darkside Chronicles is what they gave us instead and you saw how that turned out.

Not to mention that RE4 retailed for 30 bucks at launch, thats pratically bargain basement prices, so of course it would have done well

Gamerace said:
How about because after the public spanking Capcom got for downporting Dead Raising to Wii they decided to never go that route again?

Unless they managed to peek into the future, or they halted development on a near-finished product, I doubt Chop 'Til You Drop played any role in the decision.

oniyide said:

Got a link?? How did the co-op play, since i would assume that would take up alot of the ram power, what about online?? same thing. I find it hard to believe that all they would have to do is downgrade it. Their are too many other varibles as well.

As for not buying it for PS3, normally i would say that its foolish not to buy a game for a system you own (since thats the whole point of having multi consoles) because its not coming to one you own, but honestly, it wasnt all that IMHO. I wish i never bought it.

This was years ago and I have no interest in searching for it.

I agree the online would have been downgraded however, COD does it just fine every iteration and RE5 is not any better than that.

I also had many other games on PS3 I'd rather play and have never heard anything great about RE5, so yeah it was easy to miss. Though I did almost get a used copy of the Gold edition.

The system couldn't handle it. A better question whould be: why Capcom made RE: Cronicles instead of a spin-off in 3rd person like Re4?

superchunk said:
oniyide said:

This was years ago and I have no interest in searching for it.

I agree the online would have been downgraded however, COD does it just fine every iteration and RE5 is not any better than that.

I also had many other games on PS3 I'd rather play and have never heard anything great about RE5, so yeah it was easy to miss. Though I did almost get a used copy of the Gold edition.

having an online co-op that you can play the entire story mode in, versus a competitive FPS i would imagine would be more taxing.

Capcom didnt make a RE4 because they felt it would not have been worth it to do so. simple as that, no conspiracy, looking at the big picture how well would it have done?? Judging from most multiplat games it would have fared worse on Wii. How much people really would have bought a worst version of RE5?? NOw the question that should really be asked is how come Revelations, just wasnt a WIi game? That would have made a lot more sense than some watered down RE5. or are people not caring because its on a Ninty platform and thats all they really care about??