Forums - Sony Discussion - Sorcerys Meta doesnt look good

Tagged games:

AndrewWK said:
Kynes said:
AndrewWK said:
Kynes said:
AndrewWK said:
PhantomLink said:

Meh, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (best game of current gen) has a 78 in metacritic, bad games like Skyward Sword are at 90+. Xenoblade is spot on though.

The best game of the current generation? I have never heard of it. What kind of game is it and on what platform?

Wii, SRPG. I also consider it the best game of the current generation, but it's a niche genre, so it sells low quantity numbers and has low following and hype. In PS3 some consider Valkyria Chronicles the best game of the generation, in the same genre.

Valkyria Chronicles was boring, I had it but sold it. Tough it has a great score on Metacritic.

It's a very niche genre, some consider it great, most people detest it.

The only Strategie RPG I liked was Heroes of Might & Magic 3 and 5 I havent played the 6th yet but it does not look very tempting.

Heroes 6 is a very good game, but buggy as hell. It has really frustrating bugs, even with the latest patches.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
AndrewWK said:
Kynes said:
AndrewWK said:
Kynes said:
AndrewWK said:
PhantomLink said:

Meh, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (best game of current gen) has a 78 in metacritic, bad games like Skyward Sword are at 90+. Xenoblade is spot on though.

The best game of the current generation? I have never heard of it. What kind of game is it and on what platform?

Wii, SRPG. I also consider it the best game of the current generation, but it's a niche genre, so it sells low quantity numbers and has low following and hype. In PS3 some consider Valkyria Chronicles the best game of the generation, in the same genre.

Valkyria Chronicles was boring, I had it but sold it. Tough it has a great score on Metacritic.

It's a very niche genre, some consider it great, most people detest it.

The only Strategie RPG I liked was Heroes of Might & Magic 3 and 5 I havent played the 6th yet but it does not look very tempting.

Heroes 6 is a very good game, but buggy as hell. It has really frustrating bugs, even with the latest patches.

I didn´t bought because they changed all the factions. Don´t change it if it ain´t broken

PhantomLink said:

Woah, hold up there bronco.  Skyward Sword had its issues, but it's by no means a BAD game.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
PhantomLink said:

Woah, hold up there bronco.  Skyward Sword had its issues, but it's by no means a BAD game.  

Its not a good one either.

AndrewWK said:
Runa216 said:
PhantomLink said:

Its not a good one either.

Can we agree it's simply divisive?  I have plenty of complaints about the game a nd greatly dislike it myself (Only played perhaps 3 hours of it so far, I'm just now working on the first dungeon), but from what I Can tell it's not a BAD game, it's jsut relying too heavily on poor motion controls. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

So for the 2 people actually playing the game instead of placing all their opinions on Metacritic, anyone else finding it a little tough? The Troll fight is a little BS imo, after you effectively defeat it, you then have to do consecutive heroic smashes which are a pain to build up especially with those rocks flying at you...this is meant to be a kid's game right or do I just suck?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

seems to have settled just above 70. So its technically a good game by most standards. Shame it isnt advertised.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
seems to have settled just above 70. So its technically a good game by most standards. Shame it isnt advertised.

70? More like 60

Edit: Whoops I was talking about Resistance... Sorry. 

Yay!!!

Ajescent said:
So for the 2 people actually playing the game instead of placing all their opinions on Metacritic, anyone else finding it a little tough? The Troll fight is a little BS imo, after you effectively defeat it, you then have to do consecutive heroic smashes which are a pain to build up especially with those rocks flying at you...this is meant to be a kid's game right or do I just suck?

I have it, but didnt get that far, i never thought it would was intended to be a kids game, there is a learning curve, you might need to practice more

Ajescent said:

Well, last I checked you play Bejeweled, so it's probably just you