By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sorcerys Meta doesnt look good

Tagged games:

The game Sorcery has 69 points on Metacritic so far. I really had high hopes for this game, when I saw it first I thought about buying Move but I guess I wont after all. Is anybody still excited about this game? And what do you think has it a chance?

Around the Network

A lot of reviewers are saying that the storyline and antagonists dont make that much sense, but the gameplay is a testament to what makes the Move special compared to the competition. The protagonists are interesting as well. It's not a selling point for the Move though. Sony needs a killer App for that thing. They couldn't even get stellar numbers for Sports Champions.

I was interested until I saw the art style. Killed it for me. Still hate to see it doing so poorly. I have a Move (to which, Rol told me, "I'm sorry.") and I haven't used it once since I bought it. Best motion controller on the market but the potential is wasting away while lesser devices have thrived.

For the record, I have Dead Space and Sports Champions but I played Sports Champions with my sister's Move before buying it for myself and never bothered to play it with my Move. I never gave Dead Space a try.

you still buy games based on metac.?
piece of advice... you shouldn't...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

sergiodaly said:

Meta has saved me plenty of money in the past thank you.

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:

I agree.  He should totally buy an expensive peripheral for a game that is getting mediocre ratings from most reviewers!!  I bought Blades of Time for the 360.  That game had horrible reviews and I enjoyed it a lot.....then again, it cost me $20.

Claymore said:
sergiodaly said:

did say that he shouldn't.... not that he can't... and i was trying to say that there are others methods to research to see if a game is of our taste or not... buying games taking meta scores as his only research method is kind of misleading.

based on meta i should buy all COD games... imo, that is a waste of money... so it can make you save money in the same way it can make you waste money!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

sergiodaly said:
Claymore said:
sergiodaly said:

did say that he shouldn't.... not that he can't... and i was trying to say that there are others methods to research to see if a game is of our taste or not... buying games taking meta scores as his only research method is kind of misleading.

based on meta i should buy all COD games... imo, that is a waste of money... so it can make you save money in the same way it can make you waste money!

Tis true, Metacritic doesnt beat a rental or demo. Only you can know if a game is for you.

Not looking good for sony and Sorcery, at least one good thing has come from releasing this game, Pre-downloading on PSN (Although would had made much more sense to have started it with Mass effect 3). Then again Microsoft might have thrown a hissy fit and demanded equality.

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Wait I'm confused....isn't 69 the best score you can get on meta?