Forums - Sony Discussion - Sorcerys Meta doesnt look good

Tagged games:

TheKoreanGuy said:
AndrewWK said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Wait, guys, it's hit 70!!!

It's a good game now!!

no its still yellow.

So now we should base our judgement of the game on an arbitrary color?

Yes, in the land of the Internet, Metacritic is king.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
AaronSOLDIER said:
It's doing better than Star Wars Kinect and that's a huge franchise.

Maybe scorewise, but it will never sell as much as Star Wars Kinect. I think 300k is possible

Does the fact that it's also on PSN i.e downloadable play into this?

Yes. I would love to be wrong abou that.

TheKoreanGuy said:
AndrewWK said:
Sal.Paradise said:

It's a good game now!!

no its still yellow.

Yes colors dictate our whole lives anyway, so why shouldnt we apply this concept here as well?

AndrewWK said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
AndrewWK said:
Sal.Paradise said:

It's a good game now!!

no its still yellow.

Yes colors dictate our whole lives anyway, so why shouldnt we apply this concept here as well?

So 75 is the new 50?

I hate Metacritic with a passion, I wish people would stop citing it as some sort of reliable source when it comes to judging games and instead borrow the game from a friend, play a demo if available, rent it, watch some gameplay videos or READ a review from a publication you generally trust instead of just looking up a meaningless average. 

All Metacritic does is round up a bunch of reviews of which most are from very poorly written amateur publications and reduces all the praise/critiques/info into a meaningless weighted average out of 100% not informing anyone of anything about the game at all. People who use Metascores to claim one game better than another should be shot in the head in front of their families, people who check out Metascores to get an idea of how good a game is are mindless sheep who are incapable of reading reviews and thus have to resort to colour coded weighted averages to tell them if something is really shit, shit, ok, good or excellent. 

Sorcery is getting decent/good reviews, I haven't read many because I'm not really interested in the game but saying it 'doesn't look good' because of a 70 on Metacritic is absurd, since when was a 7/10 not good? And if you're someone who is interested in the game READ the reviews to find out what critics liked/disliked and then ask yourselves if the positives outweigh the negatives and whether the particular critics dislikes/nitpicks would actually bother you.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
TheKoreanGuy said:

Gotta love the metacritters! This gen should be called the metagen.

JustThatGamer said:

I hate Metacritic with a passion, I wish people would stop citing it as some sort of reliable source when it comes to judging games and instead borrow the game from a friend, play a demo if available, rent it, watch some gameplay videos or READ a review from a publication you generally trust instead of just looking up a meaningless average. 

All Metacritic does is round up a bunch of reviews of which most are from very poorly written amateur publications and reduces all the praise/critiques/info into a meaningless weighted average out of 100% not informing anyone of anything about the game at all. People who use Metascores to claim one game better than another should be shot in the head in front of their families, people who check out Metascores to get an idea of how good a game is are mindless sheep who are incapable of reading reviews and thus have to resort to colour coded weighted averages to tell them if something is really shit, shit, ok, good or excellent. 

Sorcery is getting decent/good reviews, I haven't read many because I'm not really interested in the game but saying it 'doesn't look good' because of a 70 on Metacritic is absurd, since when was a 7/10 not good? And if you're someone who is interested in the game READ the reviews to find out what critics liked/disliked and then ask yourselves if the positives outweigh the negatives and whether the particular critics dislikes/nitpicks would actually bother you.

Its the internet where people's attention span is 0.25 of a minute.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

AndrewWK said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
AndrewWK said:

no its still yellow.

Yeah, my games need to be in the range of 490-570 nm of the visible spectrum otherwise I don't touch that shit.

Metacritic is a broad consensus of what the reviewers think of a game, it a game 5-6 across the board you can be pretty damn sure it's going to be mediocre and a 9/10 game will be good. Metacritic is a guide nothing more it's as simple as that, the only trick is ajusting the scoring to your taste if your to stupid to do that thats your fault not the sites.

forest-spirit said:
Ajescent said:
TheKoreanGuy said:

Gotta love the metacritters! This gen should be called the metagen.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?