By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

crissindahouse said:

btw damn that other controller really looks like the 360 one. not exactly because of the other position of th b uttons and right stick but what can i say? the best controller ever made, if it is only half as good i thank nintendo for that. since i plan to buy a wii u i am happy about that.

It also kind of looks like that.

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Mario Wii U footage!

Awesome, thanks :D! I like the new art style touches they've added... the depth-of-field seems to have been worked on a lot, and looks most delicious.

Well it was about what I thought it would be. It was just a prof of concept for the WiiU hardware with teasers for it social and media integration. Didn't expect too much since they had a hardware event already planned for E3. On to the software. (In a little over a day.)

NintendoPie said:
crissindahouse said:

btw damn that other controller really looks like the 360 one. not exactly because of the other position of th b uttons and right stick but what can i say? the best controller ever made, if it is only half as good i thank nintendo for that. since i plan to buy a wii u i am happy about that.

not really lol? there is nothing which looks like it^^

good presentation!

@ everyone complaining about the Pro Controller:
it will be sold separately = devs will never treat it as the default control option

@everyone who doesn't like the new menu - the wiiverse is NOT a menu replacement!
think about it as a home console version of streetpass!!

You get to see gamers in your area with similar tastes, and you get to chat with them MID-GAME!
Instead of having to stop playing and spend countless hours on vgchartz or GAF, now we can Multi-task!!

Also, Wiiverse has Pictochat!! Anybody who doesn't like that HAS NO SOUL!!

The most amazing thing for me is the complete 180 Nintendo is doing on the whole online privacy thing... They must have some kind of system in place to prevent pedos or spammers or teenage horndogs ruining your experience. At the very least I expect them to have censorship for certain words and the option to block users.

@Rol you got your NSMB, no more complaining out of you!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
Smeags said:
So Turkish didn't like the presentation, which actually means that the whole presentation was a huge success! Yay!

Exactly what I tought :)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Darc Requiem said:
The controller and online network are more than I expected. It seems like you don't even need a TV to play the WiiU.

That was covered during last year's E3. That the action can be put on the controller if others need the TV for something else. I can see my brother now playing two different games and two different consoles. Scratch that make it three. (WiiU, 360/PS3, Computer or 3DS) I usually only do two at once, and only if one game I can let stand idol, he does it with multi-player games.

RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:
One thing I certainly didn't like -

The old man. What the fuck, Nintendo?

The whole video in the middle was supposed to be intentionally bad. That still didn't make it good though.

I have the same exact feeling as after last year's E3. Meaning I don't know how I should feel about it. Angry, sad, disappointed... I have to think about what I've seen.

Translation: I have to read what Malstrom thinks of this conference

crissindahouse said:
NintendoPie said:
crissindahouse said:

not really lol? there is nothing which looks like it^^

LOL! It looks almost exactly like it, though!

It just has more curved edges and the analog-sticks are moved to be beside each other.

I CANT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THE WII U!!! Day 1 buy for mee?)?!!?