By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Will Smith slaps kissing reporter during MIB3 premier

Coming from a country where this is a considered a rather common greating, it is still a greating that is only used among friends/people you know for a longer amount of time and at least on the participants has to be female AND you never go for the cheek, you kiss the air next to the cheek...

Around the Network

Isn't this a reporter who does this all the time for a comedy show or something like that.

EDIT: Yep, from Digital Spy "Sediuk is known for kissing celebrities and for other pranks."

"Will Smith slaps kissing reporter..."

As he should have. Like he said, it looked like he was going for the lips.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Stefl1504 said:
Coming from a country where this is a considered a rather common greating, it is still a greating that is only used among friends/people you know for a longer amount of time and at least on the participants has to be female AND you never go for the cheek, you kiss the air next to the cheek...

My Austrian aunty insists on greeting me like this too. I think in Austria it's reserved for family and close friends, in some countries in Europe it's much closer to a standard greeting than in Austria. I had no idea until I was almost made to feel that I was being insecure by not greeting people like this who I had quite literally only just met, before even talking to them other than saying "hello", only people of the opposite sex though as in Austria.

That wasn't a greeting kiss, that was a full on embrace and try to pash.

Around the Network

The reporter got off a little too lightly in my opinion. Deserved at least a drop kick.

Slaps? More like a nudge lol.

Honestly I think I would class that as more of a flick than a slap. He barely touches him with just his finger tips.

Also as others pointed out this was not just cheek kisses. Seriously watch the video. The guy entirely wraps his arm around Will's neck, Goes to do a cheek kiss but instead starts pulling Will in and trying to go for the mouth.

As others said he was lucky just to get a flick/slap. Just because someone is famous it doesn't mean you can kiss them on the lips as a joke.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

superchunk said:
I kind think Will Smith should be cultured enough to understand it wasn't anything more than a greeting. Though I'd think reporters in nations that do that wouldn't do that in massive lines like that for premiers but more for personal sit downs / interviews.

Was more than a greeting. You don't kiss another man on the cheeck 2-3 times in such a situtation.

supermario128 said:
"Will Smith slaps kissing reporter..."

As he should have. Like he said, it looked like he was going for the lips.

Oddly, I read it as "Will Smith Keeps Slapping reporter..."

Would have been hilarious.