By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal Engine 4 vs. Playstation 3 games (God of War III, Ascension, Uncharted 3, The Last of Us etc)

turkish i love your posts in this thread about this gen graphics. they are wrong but they are fun to read.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Zim said:

The words to describe you are banned on this site. If you seriously think Uncharted and GoW look better than this then I would love to get a quote from you stating that PS3 games look better than UE4 games. That would make a good sig and let everyone see you are a joke poster lol. 

What are those words? Just say them or are you afraid of writing them? Why are you asking me if I seriously think UC and GoW look better then UE4 games while this thread is the subject of it lol?

"I seriously think UC and GoW look better then UE4 games"

BAM, got the quote. =)

crissindahouse said:

turkish i love your posts in this thread about this gen graphics. they are wrong but they are fun to read.

thank u I love your posts too <3, i'm happy I entertain u

To tha haters and neutrality fans

yes but look at UE3 games this gen, there not that amazing. good but not amazing. that will once again probably happen next Gen. UE4 will look good but compared to Uncharted 4 and what not.. not amazing

um. next gens stuff will blow this gen out the water, these images now are probably just tech stuff and not finalized, you also have to remember that the games released early next gen like always wont be miles ahead of this gen you have to wait a few years for the engine to evolve to there full potential

idk about god of war havent played it but most games this gen havent impressed me they have very bad anisotropic filtering, both Gow and uncharted are 720p and run at 30fps, the antiailising used in the best console games this gen are about equivalent to 4x and the majority dont have any AA. next gen we wont see anything under 1080p and most likely AA effects equivalent to 8x and higher i still believe though that most all games will be in the 30 FPS range though

Play Me

Around the Network

Screw those screenshots they are all photoshoped. The only thing that matters are gameplay graphics.

Turkish said:
crissindahouse said:

thank u I love your posts too <3, i'm happy I entertain u

To tha haters and neutrality fans

i just wonder which part of uncharted or god of war you saw which had what the unreal engine 4 pictures are made for to show us. i mean, they didn't try to show us anything of the pictures op posted of uncharted or god of war. because if they would have had the plan to show us a guy walking through sand, they would have made sand. but if you show me uncharted with this amount of particles i will be impressed because i didn't see that playing uncharted.

maybe you could use this picture and wonder where as example all the particles are

but maybe you are right, this fire looks better than the fire with unreal engine 4 will look haha

I think I saw it in this thread but I'm not sure. Anyway, when this gen began, I didn't think the jump in quality was that impressive. As it draws to a close, I would argue that the jjump from last gen to this gen is every bit as impressive as the jump from 8-Bit to 16-Bit, PS1 to PS2, etc. I now have faith that next gen will bbe noticeably better, too. We just have to bbe patient.

pezus said:
brendude13 said:

I disagree, I'm starting to think even Crysis (Warhead) looks mediocre. I have yet to play Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 but other than the 1080p / 60fps combination (which sometimes isn't even possible to achieve without a £1000 rig), there isn't that much of a difference, it's similar to the PS2 and Xbox difference. Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2's console counterparts look almost as good.

Those UE4 shots are stunning though, everything is crisp and vibrant and those particle effects are second to none, I don't think the differences are huge, but it's still significantly better looking and will probably look even better at E3. I would love to see a real next gen game running on this engine, or one just as good looking. I wonder how much effort it takes to produce a game with graphics like this though.

The resolution, shadows, anti-aliasing, vsync, smoother framerates all jacked up. BF3 on PS3 doesn't look close to the PC version honestly. I am always disappointed when I play PS3 games now, they look a bit blurry and jaggy after playing so many PC games.

I agree, definitely, I still don't think they're drastically different though, the framerates and high resolution are all just a shiny coating, the core graphics like models, textures and lighting are still very similar. These UE4 shots look like a real step forward though.

All will be revealed in about a weeks time, I'll buy lots of PC games and my CPU bottleneck will be gone.

d21lewis said:
I think I saw it in this thread but I'm not sure. Anyway, when this gen began, I didn't think the jump in quality was that impressive. As it draws to a close, I would argue that the jjump from last gen to this gen is every bit as impressive as the jump from 8-Bit to 16-Bit, PS1 to PS2, etc. I now have faith that next gen will bbe noticeably better, too. We just have to bbe patient.

Indeed that was me that said it. Comparing games like Black to PDZ, resistance. FF9 to the bouncer etc. 

However Epic's tech demos aren't a game. Like I also said the UE3 tech demo in 2004 looked FAR better than launch games for either the 360 or PS3. Honestly there are still some things in that tech demo that games (yes even GeOW3, Uncharted 3) etc don't look as good at. For example when the lamp is casting a shadow of the locust on the wall, the shadow and lighting is just incredible. If this is the tech demo then honestly don't expect to see launch games look anywhere near this good. After maybe a year into the consoles life cycle then you can expect them to start looking comparable to the tech demo. 

The screenshot crissindahouse posted is a good example. It looks fantastic for this gen. However compared to that UE4 stuff? You can see a load of rough edges on the uncharted stuff. Even in those GoW3 screens, there are a load of rough spots compared to what UE4 is doing. 

Also people need to remember there are some staggeringly good looking UE3 games. GeoW3 is one of the best looking games this generation and has 4 player co-op. Mass effect 3, Batman:AC and so forth. It is a fairly safe bet that UE4 will end up providing some of the top tier graphics next gen too.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.