By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal Engine 4 vs. Playstation 3 games (God of War III, Ascension, Uncharted 3, The Last of Us etc)

sam987 said:
Again PS3 exclusives are heavy-scripted and linear graphics. Those aren't that hard to achieve....

I agree, but a 5 minute non-playable demo is something heavy-scripted and linear.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
torok said:
sam987 said:
Again PS3 exclusives are heavy-scripted and linear graphics. Those aren't that hard to achieve....

I agree, but a 5 minute non-playable demo is something heavy-scripted and linear.

You agree with "linear graphics"?

At the end of the day, no matter how scripted something may be, the end result is what's judged. Excuses can be made till the end of time, but what's on the screen is what most will care about. Not to say these titles look as good as the UE4, but trying to minimize what a console has achieved just becase it can stand the test of time is bogus.

Actually, I think that it would be "linear game" and I've agreed with that :D.

And indeed, the end result is what matters. Nobody would say that GTA IV graphics are better than Uncharted 3 just because GTA is a open world game. Beside that, it isn't every game that can be placed in a open world (I don't think that GoW would be better that way).

When PS3 can do Samaritan level graphics then we'll talk about being comparable to UE4.

I understand that the images from UE4 don't do justice but it's clear that if they aimed at a more realistic setting with more colors, particles and all that jazz we wouldn't have this debate at all. Epic needs to drop those dark/grey monster fantasy world when displaying their engines. People are more accustomed to real settings, but jaws wouldn't just drop, they would explode.