By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WE were right all along... (MW2 vs NSMBWii)

Tagged games:

so how about this FACT does it still stand?
"With all this in mind I think its really not an argument but a fact that Wii will sell at least the 16m units required to reach the 100m mark. In fact I think it may hit closer to 18m over the year due to a price break and only be slightly down YOY."
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122504&page=1

also see my sig - for another of your predictions
move & kinect have they sold 5 million yet :)

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
So pretty.......

IKR, I was like kyaaa.

That's an incredible accomplishment. Especially for a game most underestimated at the time.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

It is good to see that people have been in here forever...

Switch!!!

Yay! :D

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
So petty.......

*Looks at 'currently playing' games*

Well concerning LTD sales MW2 is still ahead or at least on par (missing PC retail sales, digital distribution on PC and consoles) and NSMB Wii got bundled left and right during the last holidays, whereas the 360 launch bundle only consisted of 80k units.

I also made a good prediction in that thread.

daveJ said:
so how about this FACT does it still stand?
"With all this in mind I think its really not an argument but a fact that Wii will sell at least the 16m units required to reach the 100m mark. In fact I think it may hit closer to 18m over the year due to a price break and only be slightly down YOY."
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122504&page=1

also see my sig - for another of your predictions
move & kinect have they sold 5 million yet :)

This is a "I was right" thread.

Also, in your sig I am still right for Move. Its not in 5m homes. You can't count each Move sale as distinct as many people bought two like any other controller and last time I saw individual sales for Move it was pretty low and easily arguable to be in far less than 5m homes.

Kinect did do much better than I expected though and Wii did go down quicker than I expected as well.

Jay520 said:
SaviorX said:
So petty.......

*Looks at 'currently playing' games*

I haven't updated that in ages!

Lemme change it to Modern Warfare 3.....

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

kowenicki said:
did you make the same prediction for MW3?

It had no big game to compare against at the same time, how could I?