By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WE were right all along... (MW2 vs NSMBWii)

Tagged games:

"Its not my fault COD can't outsell mario". Be more specific next time. What sort of victory is this though? The fact that YEARLY COD can keep up with a once gen Mario ? Fair enough.

Around the Network
TheFallen said:
"Its not my fault COD can't outsell mario". Be more specific next time. What sort of victory is this though? The fact that YEARLY COD can keep up with a once gen Mario ? Fair enough.

When did I say THAT was the victory. The victory was my prediction... hence why its a "I was right thread" (yes, I know it says We but that is because I decided to add Rol into it this time too). Did you even read the OP? 

Wow. What in the world does bundles have to do with anything? As far as titles go Nintendo hit many slam dunks with Wii, so much so that it is the market leader this gen without an ounce of third party support. The fact that one game could outsell, combined, the biggest selling multiplat third party game is an incredible feat in and of itself.

Adding irrelevant quantifiers won't change that fact.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

superchunk said:
VGKing said:

Many games get unofficially bundled. The MW2 bundles however, were limited. Couldn't have sold more than 100-200k 360s.
New Super Mario Bros however was HEAVILY bundled at different points in its life time such as https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9LPepnYviENSfFr_pvYVww3PWgzS7iqyYWZxUbnJ-SXjpiQEVew and http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/10/redwii1021.jpg

yes NSMB outsold MW2. Congratulations. Does that make you feel better about the Wii?

lol at your desperate attempts to make MW2 seem greater than 2D Mario.

First off, the prediction was for Holiday 2009 that stemmed from a qoute from Reggie and this thread was just me gloating that I (and Reggie) was nearly the only one to get it right.

Second...
1) Time frame is only considering Holiday 2009.
2) NSMBWii was not bundled in these 1.5months.
3) MW2 was bundled in these 1.5months.
4) MW2 had more than 3 TIMES the number of pre-orders and a day one that broke records.
5) MW2 was on a larger user base with PS360.
6) MW2 had special edition 360s.
7) NSMBWii easily outsold MW2 on either console as I predicted.

Third... LTD related bundles ... WHO THE FUCK CARES?!

Facts are that like Mario Kart decimating the might GTA4 earlier, NSMBWii beat up on COD.

This thread wasn't about me feeling better about an underpowered console that destroyed its competition with no 3rd party support, it was about me being right all the damn time over you whiners.

benao87 said:

damn straight!

Around the Network
superchunk said:
VGKing said:
superchunk said:
VGKing said:
superchunk said:
VGKing said:
New Super Mario Bros was heavily bundled though wasn't it?

MW2 was bundled that holiday and after, on two consoles.

NSMBWii wasn't bundled until 2010... well after 20m sold.

MW2 was bundled? Really?

Is this like the MW3 bundle which is a limited edition and didn't move any more then a couple hundred thousand?

You mentioned bundles.

MW2 during holiday 2009 had special edition bundles with 360 and other typical holiday bundles with both consoles. I simply answered your question. Its not my fault COD can't outsell Mario.

Many games get unofficially bundled. The MW2 bundles however, were limited. Couldn't have sold more than 100-200k 360s.
New Super Mario Bros however was HEAVILY bundled at different points in its life time such as https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9LPepnYviENSfFr_pvYVww3PWgzS7iqyYWZxUbnJ-SXjpiQEVew and http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/10/redwii1021.jpg

yes NSMB outsold MW2. Congratulations. Does that make you feel better about the Wii?

lol at your desperate attempts to make MW2 seem greater than 2D Mario.

First off, the prediction was for Holiday 2009 that stemmed from a qoute from Reggie and this thread was just me gloating that I (and Reggie) was nearly the only one to get it right.

Second...
1) Time frame is only considering Holiday 2009.
2) NSMBWii was not bundled in these 1.5months.
3) MW2 was bundled in these 1.5months.
4) MW2 had more than 3 TIMES the number of pre-orders and a day one that broke records.
5) MW2 was on a larger user base with PS360.
6) MW2 had special edition 360s.
7) NSMBWii easily outsold MW2 on either console as I predicted.

Third... LTD related bundles ... WHO THE FUCK CARES?!

Facts are that like Mario Kart decimating the might GTA4 earlier, NSMBWii beat up on COD.

This thread wasn't about me feeling better about an underpowered console that destroyed its competition with no 3rd party support, it was about me being right all the damn time over you whiners.

Wait..if you're only talking holiday '09 why mention LTD sales?

Anyway I don't really give a *4-letter word* which sold better. I don't own either game. I've played both though. 

So...congrats to NSMBWii I guess. 

Arius Dion said:
Wow. What in the world does bundles have to do with anything? As far as titles go Nintendo hit many slam dunks with Wii, so much so that it is the market leader this gen without an ounce of third party support. The fact that one game could outsell, combined, the biggest selling multiplat third party game is an incredible feat in and of itself.

WAS the market leader.

Currently the PS3 is the market leader.(or 360 based on shipment #s)

Anyway MW2 is not the biggest selling 3rd party game. I believe Black Ops surpassed it, while that honor now belongs to Mw3.

VGKing said:
Arius Dion said:

WAS the market leader.

Currently the PS3 is the market leader.(or 360 based on shipment #s)

Anyway MW2 is not the biggest selling 3rd party game. I believe Black Ops surpassed it, while that honor now belongs to Mw3.

superchunk said:
daveJ said:
so how about this FACT does it still stand?
"With all this in mind I think its really not an argument but a fact that Wii will sell at least the 16m units required to reach the 100m mark. In fact I think it may hit closer to 18m over the year due to a price break and only be slightly down YOY."
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122504&page=1

also see my sig - for another of your predictions
move & kinect have they sold 5 million yet :)

This is a "I was right" thread.

But did you make a 'I was Wrong' thread?

If not why Not, surely you want balance

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

daveJ said:
superchunk said:

This is a "I was right" thread.

But did you make a 'I was Wrong' thread?

If not why Not, surely you want balance

nope, I want glory.