By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

Mummelmann said:
Ail said:

Working my way through Inferno Act 2 solo and this is no piece of cake.
It actually wasn't so bad until I hit the Cave of Betrayer and then I was stucked there forever.
There's just no way i can beat a spider Broodling champion or rare in those tight corridors when even without the fast mod they already move faster than me...
I think I reloaded that dungeon like 15 times and ended up parking the bosses of the first level in a corner and skipping them...( and weirdly enough after that I moved to the Vault of the Assassin where I killed like a dozen champion and rare packs and skipped nothing)

I'm in the Archives now and I should get past it toonight..
The last part hasn't been good for my cash though, I was dying so much the gold I was making was just covering for repairs...
Thankfully I found a WD offhand early in Act 2 I was able to sell for 1 million so that allowed me to do a few upgrades...

I'm sitting at 20.4k dps, 32k hp, 6300 armor and 400 or so resists with buffs...
Nothing one shots me but it's still no piece of cake...

One change I'm going to have to make soon is probably get away from Diamond Skin and switch to teleport as there are way too many situations where the skin can't save me where a teleport actually would..

Now that I have spent more time in D3 with my wiz and my barb I really wish we had one more skill button. It would make the game better giving us more choices but still woudn't imbalance things too much...

I hope the expansion brings this. 1 more skill and 1 more passive would be perfect...

Cave of the Betrayer... I was lucky, only restarted it 7 times!

Act II gets incredibly hard about halfway through, the first half wasn't so bad. I can't imagine how I'm going to beat Belial on Inferno, he's probably the hardest Act boss of them all on this difficulty, no room to move and every attack one-shots you. I expect Azmodan to be ridiculous and simple as usual though, I only need to get there first to confirm...

Agree about the skill slots too, one more Passive would be great. As it is, you have to choose between DPS and living longer. Problem is; if you sacrifice DPS for longevity, you end up dying anyway since you need a lot longer to take down the mobs. Full DPS rush has worked for me so far on Act II and I still have pathetic armor and resists on my DH.

6 skills button is just way too few.

As a wizard I run 3 offensive skills ( seeker magic massile, celestial orb and venom hydra), 2 buffs ( energy armor and magic weapon) and 1 OMG skills ( diamond skin). I wish i had room for 1 more defensive skill  as there are plenty of good ones I would like to use ( teleport, mirror image, wave of force, frost nova,...).

The only half feasible way around this would be to drop seeker magic missile but that would create some serious problem as both my offensive spells would be heavy arcane  users and I already only have 80 arcane points...

Belial shoudn't one shot me ( if I have to I will use force armor and then he really should not 1 shot me...).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I'm also stuck on the second half of Act II on Inferno with my DH...there's difficulty spikes within difficulty spikes XD.

I'm buffing up my Barb to 60 now, got a couple All resist equip on stash for him (farmed from Act II or crafted from BS), so probably he's going to give me a more decent approach for Inferno xD. Also got a 700 DPS 1H stashed away for him, with 100+ to STR and VIT as well .

Probably looking into 40 - 45K HP, 8K armor (with the right passives) and over 300 resists once I hit level 60. And about 20K DPS.

Edit - Oh and Act II is ridiculous for a WD. Not because of the enemies damage, that I can live with, but because I can't find any strategy to take down enemy mobs fast enough. Zombie Bears is a no go for Act II and onwards, Poison Dart with CC builds are a no go (too slow to take down anything) and Dire Bats is just too mana expensive to leave any room for manuverability (even with Vision Quest). 

I've taken down a couple of champion/elite mobs with the Poison Dart build, but it usually takes me 5 - 10 minutes of kiting, even with the most simpler of champion mobs. And let's not even talk about Dune Thresher mobs...there should be a limit as to how many times they're allowed to go underground, that shit is ridiculous.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Well I am up to Belial.
I'm having a lot of problems with Phase 1. Out of 20 tries or so I beat it like 3 times...
Those snakes are a pain.
I gave up after as I was starting to get bad lag.
I tried in a group too but it's not really easier. As soon as one person dies it's pretty much game over...
The positive thing is that once I was able to get to Phase 2 his hp was going down relatively fast but it becomes a pain when he starts to summon snakes again...
Still I am hopefull I can beat him tomorrow if the latency is better...

I probably will switch to force armor tomorrow as his poison hits in phase 2 were doing like 20k a hit...This should help once I get to Phase 3..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I guess I am lucky. Since launch, I have had no connection issues at all. None logging in. Zero.

I've had the occasional lag spike but it didn't prevent me from doing stuff :P

lestatdark said:

I'm also stuck on the second half of Act II on Inferno with my DH...there's difficulty spikes within difficulty spikes XD.

I'm buffing up my Barb to 60 now, got a couple All resist equip on stash for him (farmed from Act II or crafted from BS), so probably he's going to give me a more decent approach for Inferno xD. Also got a 700 DPS 1H stashed away for him, with 100+ to STR and VIT as well .

Probably looking into 40 - 45K HP, 8K armor (with the right passives) and over 300 resists once I hit level 60. And about 20K DPS.

Edit - Oh and Act II is ridiculous for a WD. Not because of the enemies damage, that I can live with, but because I can't find any strategy to take down enemy mobs fast enough. Zombie Bears is a no go for Act II and onwards, Poison Dart with CC builds are a no go (too slow to take down anything) and Dire Bats is just too mana expensive to leave any room for manuverability (even with Vision Quest). 

I've taken down a couple of champion/elite mobs with the Poison Dart build, but it usually takes me 5 - 10 minutes of kiting, even with the most simpler of champion mobs. And let's not even talk about Dune Thresher mobs...there should be a limit as to how many times they're allowed to go underground, that shit is ridiculous.

Good luck with that. I got in inferno with my barb with 250 resists and quickly geared up to 650 buffed resists(32k life 10k dps 6k armor) and am still getting burned down in magma and poison pools while immobilized just as fast it seems like. I'm stuck trying to get past the 3 mobs at the start of Wortham.  I soloed Diablo in hell without dying once. I'm working on a WD right now and going to see how that does.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Around the Network
mitlar37 said:
lestatdark said:

Good luck with that. I got in inferno with my barb with 250 resists and quickly geared up to 650 buffed resists(32k life 10k dps 6k armor) and am still getting burned down in magma and poison pools while immobilized just as fast it seems like. I'm stuck trying to get past the 3 mobs at the start of Wortham.  I soloed Diablo in hell without dying once. I'm working on a WD right now and going to see how that does.

6K armor seems to be a bit low for a Inferno barb. I'm looking to get into 7.5 - 8K armor (up to 12K buffed), which will give me a massive DR. Remember that resists don't count for much if your DR is low.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mitlar37 said:
lestatdark said:

6K armor seems to be a bit low for a Inferno barb. I'm looking to get into 7.5 - 8K armor (up to 12K buffed), which will give me a massive DR. Remember that resists don't count for much if your DR is low.

I have 70% DR (buffed) I'll have to see if I can gear up better.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

mitlar37 said:
lestatdark said:
mitlar37 said:
lestatdark said:

I have 70% DR (buffed) I'll have to see if I can gear up better.

What passives are you using? I'm going to use Tough as Nails, Nerves of Steel and Inspiring Presence on Inferno for maximum armor efficiency (I'm still pondering between IP and Superstition for non-physical damage reduction, should do wonders for Molten and Plagued pools).

Current PC Build

What's happened after the patch? My game has crashed three times in two days, serious crashes that freeze up my Windows for a minute or so as well. This started happening after the patch got installed. Another problem surfacing? I hate playing things over again because of crashes and bugs...

Mummelmann said:
What's happened after the patch? My game has crashed three times in two days, serious crashes that freeze up my Windows for a minute or so as well. This started happening after the patch got installed. Another problem surfacing? I hate playing things over again because of crashes and bugs...

I've heard that this new patch has had some conflicts with new drivers from NVIDIA and ATI cards as well. The most I get is some graphical hiccups which weren't there before. 

Current PC Build