By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

Mummelmann said:

I'm sorry, I meant finished Act I and started Act II!

I have around 43K DPS and 40K HP but my big weakness is resistance and DR, it seems. I have about 80 Secret Tomes that I'm considering using for more levels for my artisans. Have you upgraded your gem crafter any more? How much better do the gems get? I'm thinking of holding off on the leveling of artisans until the patch hits, its going to be cheaper and require less Pages/Tomes.

Hmm, those shoulders sound like they'd go nicely with my Barb... How much do you want for them?

I have a rocking 10.5k dps in Act 1 lol..( weapon is just 475 dps).

My life is up to 39k, my DR to 63% and my resists around 45-55% depending on the resist...( with buffs of course).

I need to up my damage big time....

It took me way too long to kill the Skeleton King but on the flip side he was hitting me like a wuss...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:
Mummelmann said:

I have around 43K DPS and 40K HP but my big weakness is resistance and DR, it seems. I have about 80 Secret Tomes that I'm considering using for more levels for my artisans. Have you upgraded your gem crafter any more? How much better do the gems get? I'm thinking of holding off on the leveling of artisans until the patch hits, its going to be cheaper and require less Pages/Tomes.

Hmm, those shoulders sound like they'd go nicely with my Barb... How much do you want for them?

My life is up to 39k, my DR to 63% and my resists around 45-55% depending on the resist...( with buffs of course).

It took me way too long to kill the Skeleton King but on the flip side he was hitting me like a wuss...

There's the trade-off though, both my characters have decent damage output (my Barbarian has about 35k DPS) and okay HP but poor defense and resistance. My roommates characters are the opposite, we work well in a pair though...

Mummelmann said:

Well, I got both the Blacksmith and the Jewelcraft to level 10. By level 10 you start making Star level gems (+48 to stats), but as it is now, it's fucking expensive to do so (80K per Star gem). I don't mind the Pages/Tomes cost, I got tonnes of those, it's the gold cost that bothers me and makes it almost unbearable. 

Last I checked on the AH, shoulders like these were being sold for 150K - 200K, but i'll lower it to around 100K, what say you?

Edit - ROFL, I just found out that Asheara Boots are bugged and don't give the Attack Speed bonus XD. I spent 120K for some boots that don't give out their best stat :D. Fortunately Blizz already said they're working into those bugs for future updates (My attack speed could be 1.85 with a Cbow if those boots worked properly )

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Mummelmann said:
Ail said:
Mummelmann said:

There's the trade-off though, both my characters have decent damage output (my Barbarian has about 35k DPS) and okay HP but poor defense and resistance. My roommates characters are the opposite, we work well in a pair though...

I don't pay too much attention to the displayed DPS either as it does not reflect accuratly the actual dps for a wizard.

Like my venom hydra is out and doing a tonn of damage while I am casting spell and it is not factored at all in the dps displayed...

Although to be honest it isn't so much a trade off issue at my level. I just haven't bothered to buy a high dps weapon  and this is what is limiting my dps the most ( wizard don't get dps as high as DH or bards anyway as stuff like +IAS might boost the number displayed but actually does very little in practice when we are kiting...)

Ail said:
Mummelmann said:
Ail said:
Mummelmann said:

I don't pay too much attention to the displayed DPS either as it does not reflect accuratly the actual dps for a wizard.

Like my venom hydra is out and doing a tonn of damage while I am casting spell and it is not factored at all in the dps displayed...

Although to be honest it isn't so much a trade off issue at my level. I just haven't bothered to buy a high dps weapon  and this is what is limiting my dps the most ( wizard don't get dps as high as DH or bards anyway as stuff like +IAS might boost the number displayed but actually does very little in practice when we are kiting...)

Remember that the displayed DPS is the base average damage that your weapon does, after factoring Crits, Stats, ect. Spells, abilities, skills all have different %Weapon Damage modifiers, thus different accounts of damage can be made.

For example, I constantly crit for 45-48K with Nether Tentacles, while with Multishot I barely hit the 40K mark. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Won't make much progress toonight.
SC2 season 7 lock is this coming Tuesday so I'm going to play some heavy SC2 toonight, spend my bonus pool and hopefully climb back to top 3 of my league ( I'm 9th right, only silver though, this is my first season)

Error 1, cannot create party when I wasn't even in a Party .

Guess it affected everyone on the EU server, the rage over at Diablo III's Bnet site became huge after a couple of minutes XD.

Current PC Build

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
this past 3 days the game was horrible, blizzard have experience in mmo´s etc , dont know why the server are getting worse and worse...

ffs this is retarded

Yeah, its not working half the time, the auction house is unstable as hell and "maintenance" takes up to 8 hours several times a week. This is atrocious by Blizzard.

Mummelmann said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
this past 3 days the game was horrible, blizzard have experience in mmo´s etc , dont know why the server are getting worse and worse...

ffs this is retarded

Yeah, its not working half the time, the auction house is unstable as hell and "maintenance" takes up to 8 hours several times a week. This is atrocious by Blizzard.

good time to ladder on SC2 !!!

for 12 years of waiting, it is disappointing. At most a 7.5 for me