By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

Inferno Belial is dead !
It took me all evening but I did it.
Phase 3 is actually relatively easy, the issue is to get to it.
I think I got to it twice solo in like 100+ tries and got him to 25% the first time, 50% second time.
In the end I beat him a 4 player group ( after countless bad ones ended up in a good pick up group).
Still was no easy feat, everyone but me died in Phase 2 and I had to finish the Phase alone and ress everyone, thankfully the phase was almost over when the other players died...

I tried Act 3, I don't get one shot by the first few mobs I encounter and even killed an elite pack but my dps is a little low ( 22k) so I think I will have to farm Act 2 a little.
I went back to Act 1 for kicks and now that I have beat Act 2 and geared up it's so easy it's not even funny, I was tanking 3 mobs in hall of Agony with my wiz and my health was barely moving... My celestial orb one shots half of the stuff and I beat Butcher in under a minute....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:

Inferno Belial is dead !
I think I got to it twice solo in like 100+ tries and got him to 25% the first time, 50% second time.
In the end I beat him a 4 player group ( after countless bad ones ended up in a good pick up group).
Still was no easy feat, everyone but me died in Phase 2 and I had to finish the Phase alone and ress everyone, thankfully the phase was almost over when the other players died...

I tried Act 3, I don't get one shot by the first few mobs I encounter and even killed an elite pack but my dps is a little low ( 22k) so I think I will have to farm Act 2 a little.
I went back to Act 1 for kicks and now that I have beat Act 2 and geared up it's so easy it's not even funny, I was tanking 3 mobs in hall of Agony with my wiz and my health was barely moving... My celestial orb one shots half of the stuff and I beat Butcher in under a minute....

Act III is about the same in difficulty as Act II, which is kinda ridiculous .

Congrats on defeating Belial . I'm close to it with my DH, but currently getting my Barb to level 60 first to try out the gear I farmed for her on Act II Inf.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Looks like Blizzard is changing the game to fit my spec...
They are nerfing Inferno Act 2-4, which I don't like.
They are increasing repair costs alot on items lvl 60 ( 5-6 times more).
They are nerfing IAS.

I have no IAS and I am built so i don't get one shot...

With those changes my build is going to become a lot more viable and I predict tanking Wiz to become more popular...

I predict glass canon DH are going to become a lot less popular...

lestatdark said:
Ail said:

Inferno Belial is dead !

Act III is about the same in difficulty as Act II, which is kinda ridiculous .

Congrats on defeating Belial . I'm close to it with my DH, but currently getting my Barb to level 60 first to try out the gear I farmed for her on Act II Inf.

Act 3 is actually my prefered Act and as long as you don't get near Cyndia and those phase walking hulks the enemies are a lot more manageable for a wizard ( kiting is relatively easy) so I predict I will spend a lot of time there once my dps gets to the 30k mark...

The hate going on in the D3 forums regarding patch 1.03 is amazing xD.

Funny thing though, most of it, if not all, comes from glass cannon DHs that solo'ed Inferno because their loot won't be worth millions any more .

I don't agree with toning down the overall difficulty of Act II and further Inferno acts, they only needed to up the gear drops which were in fact quite ridiculous. Having to get gear from Act III or Act IV to make a viable melee build for Act II or any non-glass cannon range build is a shitty mechanic.

No wonder people sell spawn points for resplandecent chests from Act III and IV for hundred Ks a piece or boosting Act II chars to Act III because Act I and Act II gear is shitty at best.

Thankfully, Blizz is ending that broken economy and giving all a much fairer shot in the game, especially to those that don't want to abuse the AH as most "OMG IM SO LEET D3 PLAYER THAT SPENT 1000Billion GOLD ON THE AH TO HAVE 100K DPS DH" Inferno completers seemed to do.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

Funny thing though, most of it, if not all, comes from glass cannon DHs that solo'ed Inferno because their loot won't be worth millions any more .

I don't agree with toning down the overall difficulty of Act II and further Inferno acts, they only needed to up the gear drops which were in fact quite ridiculous. Having to get gear from Act III or Act IV to make a viable melee build for Act II or any non-glass cannon range build is a shitty mechanic.

No wonder people sell spawn points for resplandecent chests from Act III and IV for hundred Ks a piece or boosting Act II chars to Act III because Act I and Act II gear is shitty at best.

Thankfully, Blizz is ending that broken economy and giving all a much fairer shot in the game, especially to those that don't want to abuse the AH as most "OMG IM SO LEET D3 PLAYER THAT SPENT 1000Billion GOLD ON THE AH TO HAVE 100K DPS DH" Inferno completers seemed to do.

I don't agree either with the difficulty nerf.

Act 2 was brutal it is true but now that i have gone back to Act 1 and found it ridiculously easy with my upgraded gear I worry about the overall Inferno difficulty post-patch...

Ail said:
lestatdark said:

Act 2 was brutal it is true but now that i have gone back to Act 1 and found it ridiculously easy with my upgraded gear I worry about the overall Inferno difficulty post-patch...

I didn't find Act I to be that difficult to be honest, it was doable with Hell gear and Hell skill setup without having to go Glass Cannon. I was actually able to take some hits even from elite mobs. 

Act II was the real Inferno brick wall and it hit you hard right from the start. The canyon area where you get ambushed by tons of flies and lacunis is probably one of the hardest spots in all of Act II .

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Ail said:
lestatdark said:

I didn't find Act I to be that difficult to be honest, it was doable with Hell gear and Hell skill setup without having to go Glass Cannon. I was actually able to take some hits even from elite mobs. 

Act II was the real Inferno brick wall and it hit you hard right from the start. The canyon area where you get ambushed by tons of flies and lacunis is probably one of the hardest spots in all of Act II .

if you know it's coming it's not that bad.

I actually didn't die at all in that area.

I switched my spec to seeker magic missile at the start of the act and took easilly care of everthing there...

if things get out of hand you have space to run back too..

Ail said:
lestatdark said:
Ail said:
lestatdark said:

if you know it's coming it's not that bad.

I actually didn't die at all in that area.

I switched my spec to seeker magic missile at the start of the act and took easilly care of everthing there...

if things get out of hand you have space to run back too..

My deaths on that area came because of those goddamn bombs that the Lacuni throw, which they always seemed to time them for when my SS ended . Ending switching my skills to Cluster Arrows and carpetting the area before they had the chance to do anything xD.

Current PC Build

Act I was piss easy with Demon Hunter and is really, really hard with a Barbarian. The Barbarian is barely able to defeat any Elites or Boss groups in the Halls of Agony while I simply surf through them with the DH. The difference in gear is not great, the Barbarian has about 14k more hit points and 50% better armor but still gets his ass kicked. Even some normal mobs can damage me quite a bit.
I ran through the entire Act I areas with my DH, farming for loot and money and didn't die even once, managed to beat every single group of Elite and Bosses but my Barbarian is getting nowhere, fast.
I can't imagine how hard it'll be to melee on Act II and forwards...

It seems like the Barbarian is terribly gear dependent compared to the Demon Hunter, Monks seem to be doing better due to the ridiculous self-heal skills and aura's.