By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

Mummelmann said:
Act I was piss easy with Demon Hunter and is really, really hard with a Barbarian. The Barbarian is barely able to defeat any Elites or Boss groups in the Halls of Agony while I simply surf through them with the DH. The difference in gear is not great, the Barbarian has about 14k more hit points and 50% better armor but still gets his ass kicked. Even some normal mobs can damage me quite a bit.
I ran through the entire Act I areas with my DH, farming for loot and money and didn't die even once, managed to beat every single group of Elite and Bosses but my Barbarian is getting nowhere, fast.
I can't imagine how hard it'll be to melee on Act II and forwards...

It seems like the Barbarian is terribly gear dependent compared to the Demon Hunter, Monks seem to be doing better due to the ridiculous self-heal skills and aura's.

Isn't your armor something like 4.5K? (last I checked it). That seems really, really low for an Inferno barb since I'm sitting at 3.2K on Act II Nightmare (I've got a 1000 armor shield waiting for me at level 60, heck, I'm looking at a huge boost for armor when I hit 60, putting me in the vicinity of 8K). 

That armor would make Act I Inferno a real hell (no pun intended ). Also, Barbs have a much efficient self-heal if played correctly: Revenge, with the level 51 rune (30% activation). I've seen some vids of Inferno barbs literally sitting on pools of plague or molten and constantly getting Revenge triggered and healing them constantly. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
Act I was piss easy with Demon Hunter and is really, really hard with a Barbarian. The Barbarian is barely able to defeat any Elites or Boss groups in the Halls of Agony while I simply surf through them with the DH. The difference in gear is not great, the Barbarian has about 14k more hit points and 50% better armor but still gets his ass kicked. Even some normal mobs can damage me quite a bit.
I ran through the entire Act I areas with my DH, farming for loot and money and didn't die even once, managed to beat every single group of Elite and Bosses but my Barbarian is getting nowhere, fast.

It seems like the Barbarian is terribly gear dependent compared to the Demon Hunter, Monks seem to be doing better due to the ridiculous self-heal skills and aura's.

Isn't your armor something like 4.5K? (last I checked it). That seems really, really low for an Inferno barb since I'm sitting at 3.2K on Act II Nightmare (I've got a 1000 armor shield waiting for me at level 60, heck, I'm looking at a huge boost for armor when I hit 60, putting me in the vicinity of 8K). 

That armor would make Act I Inferno a real hell (no pun intended ). Also, Barbs have a much efficient self-heal if played correctly: Revenge, with the level 51 rune (30% activation). I've seen some vids of Inferno barbs literally sitting on pools of plague or molten and constantly getting Revenge triggered and healing them constantly. 

Changed my passives and gained armor and now have about 7500 armor, sacrificed some damage. Added Vengeance and still use Ignore Pain as well as Ground Stomp for stunning. Bosses and Elites still kill me almost every time... This is hopeless since 1-handed weapons deal so much less damage. I lose 10k DPS by going 1-hand, even more with different passive skills so it takes forever to kill the bosses.

Wrath of the Berserker makes you near unstopable but has a really long cooldown which kind of defeats the purpose if you need it more than once per fight (and I do...). I honestly don't know how to survive with the Barbarian, I have managed to beat one single group of Elites in the Halls of Agony since I started, including some retries. Bosses with Nightmarish or Jailer kind of renders my healing useless since I won't be able to hit for healing and Molten, Desecrator and Plagued still wipes me out in no time, even Mortars are deadly.

Oh, and also; the game crashed again! After ten minutes of playing, if that! This is getting really annoying!

Elites and Bosses still destroy me, no matter how many times I activate Revenge. The healing is just not good enough and I have the health globe passive activated as well, to no avail... This is really frustrating, its silly that I'll have to spend hundreds and hundreds of thousand on the auction house to clear Act I with a melee character. If it wasn't for the Demon Hunter I have to farm decent gear, the Barbarian would be even weaker.

lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:

Yeah I spam revenge constantly to get the heals - the only problem is immobilizing effects cause it to be game over. I have 7.5k armor(8.8 buffed) and 500+ resists. I've played with different skills including the one with 20% immobiling reduction time to no avail. Still can't get past the 3 Jailers at the start of Wortham. They immobilize me then surround me and I'm dead in 2 seconds flat.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

If it wasn't for the immobilizing I could handle anything. And I honestly can't see any difference between my 250 resists I started with to my near-600 resists now. I seem to burn down just as fast.

I'm going to gear up with immobilizing reduction items and see how that goes.

Around the Network

Another note; just wasted over 100k on crafting, both items turned out shitty and won't net me more than half of what they cost on the auction house.
What is the point of crafting again? The auction house is cheaper and you can actually pick which stats you get, wasting money on leveling the smith to max level was really stupid it seems.

Mummelmann said:
Another note; just wasted over 100k on crafting, both items turned out shitty and won't net me more than half of what they cost on the auction house.
What is the point of crafting again? The auction house is cheaper and you can actually pick which stats you get, wasting money on leveling the smith to max level was really stupid it seems.

Yeah - that's why I waited til I was fluush with cash before I maxed him out. Now I'm keeping my eye out for recipes to see what I can craft.

mitlar37 said:
Mummelmann said:

Yeah - that's why I waited til I was fluush with cash before I maxed him out. Now I'm keeping my eye out for recipes to see what I can craft.

I'm guessing the very best recipes can be worth it in the end. I just hope I find them...

Just killed Belial on Nightmare (yea I know, I am way behind you guys).

I thought he was kind of hard. I forgot to swap out my blinding flash for something else since he was immune to it. Seven Sided Strike probably would have been best as it would have nicely replaced the flash with the immunity/damage. I'm thinking part of my problem is that I'm a little bit underleveled since I stopped farming and just started cruising through things as quickly as possible in an attempt to catch up with my friends. I'm currently level 43, which means I am technically not even allowed into Act 3 public games.

My current build is quite a bit different than it was several hours ago (I went from finding 60 damage items to finding a 2 handed weapon that does 115 damage...although it attacks much slower which sucks for the spirit regen).

DPS: 1350 (Was 680 with old weapon/shield)
Armor: 2300 (Was 2800 with old weapon/shield)
Dodge Chance: 33% (43% with active effect on mantra)

I'm thinking I'm going to farm some experience at the beginning of Act 3 just to get myself a couple levels higher again.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
Just killed Belial on Nightmare (yea I know, I am way behind you guys).

I thought he was kind of hard. I forgot to swap out my blinding flash for something else since he was immune to it. Seven Sided Strike probably would have been best as it would have nicely replaced the flash with the immunity/damage. I'm thinking part of my problem is that I'm a little bit underleveled since I stopped farming and just started cruising through things as quickly as possible in an attempt to catch up with my friends. I'm currently level 43, which means I am technically not even allowed into Act 3 public games.

My current build is quite a bit different than it was several hours ago (I went from finding 60 damage items to finding a 2 handed weapon that does 115 damage...although it attacks much slower which sucks for the spirit regen).

DPS: 1350 (Was 680 with old weapon/shield)
Armor: 2300 (Was 2800 with old weapon/shield)
Dodge Chance: 33% (43% with active effect on mantra)

I'm thinking I'm going to farm some experience at the beginning of Act 3 just to get myself a couple levels higher again.

Wait until the Breach in the Keep quest, the Keep Depths are perfect for farming XP on nightmare and hell!