By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Newcomer's Introduction Thread"- What brought you here?

Let's introduce myself here too. My name is Vor, I'm about kickin' ass, and here is my Introduction thread link
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205343&

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Around the Network

Hi !

After spending months to observe, I've decided to be (a little) more active here.

In short about me :
- play video games for 28 years
- collect all consoles (within my budget)
- play pen & papers rpg weekly for 12 years, always with the same core friends :)
- work as developer, but not in gaming (or just on my scarce free time for fun)

I will try to make a proper introduction of myself later.

Feel free to correct me so that I can improve my English skills.

spurgeonryan said:
Lauster said:
Hi !

After spending months to observe, I've decided to be (a little) more active here.

In short about me :
- play video games for 28 years
- collect all consoles (within my budget)
- play pen & papers rpg weekly for 12 years, always with the same core friends :)
- work as developer, but not in gaming (or just on my scarce free time for fun)

I will try to make a proper introduction of myself later.

Feel free to correct me so that I can improve my English skills.

Welcome to the site! Which Nintendo systems do you own? Do you collect games as well?

Thanks !

Yes I collect games as well,  best use for a console is to play with them ^^  I kept old TV for this

Well, for the ninty part I have some Game & Watch (Mario, Zelda),  GB (the first and big one XD), GB Color, GBA, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, Nes, Snes, N64, GC, Wii. Whatever the brand, I currently haven't any 8th gen.

LOL I had a lengthy introduction post, and then as I went to click post, my finger accidentally clicked reset, so screw it.

Hi. I love games. Favorite series, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun, and more. Hope I have a great time here. Also, lurked here for the sales charts for the past 2 years. lol

Wait this thread existed? I never found it when I became a member. Now I feel like a bastard unbaptized member.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Hi All,

For the past 4 years or so I've lurked here for the sales number, and also the very amusing Spurgeonryan and Toastboy's threads. I don't really know why I decided to create an account now, but I did.

I'm mainly a Nintendo gamer. I've owned all their consoles. The first game I've ever played was a Mario's one. I don't know which one though. After that I fell in love with Nintendo. My favourite games are LoZ: Ocarina of the Time and Donkey Kong Country. This generation I joined the dark side and got a PS4. I'm looking forward to playing Uncharted and TLoU for the first time.

Currently, I own a PS4, 3DS and Wii U

spurgeonryan said:

Welcome officially to the site! What consoles do you own?

Thanks for the welcome. What consoles do i own? Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and Xbox. Xbox One in the future. Handheld: Game Boy, Pocket, Color, Advance, SP, DS, Lite, 3DS, Game Gear, and PSP. Vita in future(with luck, OLED). Hope I can continue gaming till I'm very old. lol How about you?

Would preferred to do this with my own thread, though I guess I'll just go into more details when I can. Hovered over this site beause somehow news hit the forums faster than actual gaming news sites. Looking to generally discuss gaming with a more sophisticated group and not fall into old negative habits

spurgeonryan said:
Dravenet7 said:

Would preferred to do this with my own thread, though I guess I'll just go into more details when I can. Hovered over this site beause somehow news hit the forums faster than actual gaming news sites. Looking to generally discuss gaming with a more sophisticated group and not fall into old negative habits

Hello, you can always make a grand entrance with your own thread! Once you get 50 posts that is. Welcome!

50 huh? At the rate I've been comenting...

Thanks for the welcome!

Hello everyone (or anyone)! I have been a long time creeper on this website and these forums. Today, after a long time of anonymous use, I had to create an account as I may be contributing as a writer for the website. I often prefer to be an anonymous spectator, but maybe now that I have an account set up I can join in on some of the many topics that pique my interest and be a productive part of the community.