By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Newcomer's Introduction Thread"- What brought you here?

Sal.Paradise said:

h-hi im sal

d-do you like videogames

Newcomer of the year 2012!

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Sal.Paradise said:

h-hi im sal

d-do you like videogames

Newcomer of the year 2012!

gee th-thanks mr bear pig

Okey.. let's have a go at this shall we..

So, Hi.
I'm Bajablo, 26yo from Sweden, land of vikings, mead & ladies.

Been a gamer since age 5 when i got a NES @ Christmas. Heavy PC gamer, a reason why i now work as an IT consultant.

So, what games do i like? gonna write genres and pick 3-5 favorite's from them (either series or single games):
and yeah, Action/Adventure is a f*cked up huge genre.. and i placed borderlands in it, cause you explore a world and shoot stuff..

RPG: Planescape torment, Elder scrolls, Baldurs Gate, fallout, FF5-7 (all infinity engine games are pretty much made of awesome)
Adventure: Monkey island (all but MI4, Telltale games were good), Broken Sword, Full throttle, Day of the Tentacle
Action/Adventure: Psychonauts, Zelda, Metroid, Terraria, Borderlands(1-2)
Management Sim: Capitalism 2 & Capitalism Lab, Sim City, Caesar, Restaurant empire 2
Strategy: Civilization, Total war series, Starcraft
Strategy/Management: FTL, Ghost Master, Evil Genious, XCOM

ok, this is getting long.. lets stop here. Thats some of my favourite games old n' new. (ofc. there are tons of like nes-ps1 games that is missing and are awesome but.. gotta stop somewhere)

CO-Founder of a LAN-Club thing that co-hosted 2 Quakeworld championship tournaments (QH-LAN12&13) QH-LAN12 had over 200+ visitors from 13 different countries, that was f*cking awesome :D

As a person I'm outgoing and easy to deal with, love discussing things and listen to what others think of things.
I can laugh at pretty much anything, dead baby jokes anyone?
Imo. You can joke about ANYTHING, just because you don't like it doesn't make it less fun for others.
Right and wrong are words I don't use, its called circumstances (sure, shooting a guy is wrong.. but there is usually a reason for it, and that's the interesting part)
I love beer... no.. i LOVE beer... its the best thing ever, only rivaled by good meat and friends. Good thing you can combine all of them :)
Single and happy with my life overall :D

so :) that's a glimpse of me, if you are interested, we can talk over a pint :)
and my nickname, yeah. its Diablo related, that's what me and my buddies started calling D2 and it kinda stuck since then :) (before that it was Diablo)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Bajablo said:

Right and wrong are words I don't use, its called circumstances (sure, shooting a guy is wrong.. but there is usually a reason for it, and that's the interesting part)

Finally, someone other than me on the chartz who understands!

Välkommen, förresten :P

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Bajablo said:

Finally, someone other than me on the chartz who understands!

Välkommen, förresten :P

Yup, not everyone gets the bits that makes the difference (the reason, not the action)

och tack ;) det värmer

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network

Hello everyone! my name is OneHappyGamer:) and I've been a member of Vg chartz for a couple of days now. However I have been coming to this site and reading forums for a very long time now, and I think its finally time I join the brawl. I am actually a fan of some of the members here, such as spurgeonryan and DieAppleDie.

My Favorite games are, as some of you might have guess, are The Legend of Zelda games. but I like games of all types, on all consoles.

spurgeonryan said:
OneHappyGamer:) said:
Hello everyone! my name is OneHappyGamer:) and I've been a member of Vg chartz for a couple of days now. However I have been coming to this site and reading forums for a very long time now, and I think its finally time I join the brawl. I am actually a fan of some of the members here, such as spurgeonryan and DieAppleDie.

My Favorite games are, as some of you might have guess, are The Legend of Zelda games. but I like games of all types, on all consoles.

Welcome to the site!....Probably again. I cannot remember if I friended you already. But if I have not, then welcome.

No, I have never been a member before now. however, I do remember someone with the same profile pic as me. you are probably mixing me up with that guy. but yeah, anyway glad to be here finaly :D

ICANNEVERLOGIN said:
Hello, I am Seth.

You stole my name!  Also, let us know what your next alt will be NFG...

Hello!

I'm Haxton, a young CompSci student (first year) at Oxford University, despite coming from Poland.

Other than gaming (obviously), my hobbies include archery, reading sci-fi and being a weeaboo (and playing weeaboo games) in my spare time. I came here for a game of Mafia because of Stefl, and figured might as well look around while I'm at it.

My favourite genre are RTSes (especially Supreme Commander - can't wait for Planetary Annihilation), though I don't mind a good shooter (as long as I have someone to play with). I only own a PC, no consoles. I suppose my profile has all those information, but who reads profiles anyway?

That being said, hi all and let's try not to bring each other into despair (?).

[01:33] <@Palom> Question: Biology: Which major terrestial biome is characterized by very cold winters and mostly herbacious plants? (1)

[01:33] tsundra

HaxtonFale said:

Hello!

I'm Haxton, a young CompSci student (first year) at Oxford University, despite coming from Poland.

Other than gaming (obviously), my hobbies include archery, reading sci-fi and being a weeaboo (and playing weeaboo games) in my spare time. I came here for a game of Mafia because of Stefl, and figured might as well look around while I'm at it.

My favourite genre are RTSes (especially Supreme Commander - can't wait for Planetary Annihilation), though I don't mind a good shooter (as long as I have someone to play with). I only own a PC, no consoles. I suppose my profile has all those information, but who reads profiles anyway?

That being said, hi all and let's try not to bring each other into despair (?).

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here.

P.S. There's a big Autumn sale going on at Steam right now -- might be an RTS worth picking up!