By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Newcomer's Introduction Thread"- What brought you here?

oh!sayHUN said:
spurgeonryan said:
man-bear-pig said:

A female, eh? Try out this thread. Oh wait, nevermind...

She can at least read it and see what an epic thread in the making looks like.

Well at least some people are somewhat serious about the isssue...but thanks for trying! Maybe because female gamers don't know about this forum? Or they're just overlooked and ridiculed by the trolls of the forum. I shall continue roaming.

Hello. I'm the guy who locked that thread. I see no reason to confine an entire gender to one thread, and to keep the other gender out >_>

I do hope (and expect) you won't face any discrimination or inappropriate comments here, but if you do, just hit the report button and we'll deal with it.

And this may be a huge generalisation, but I think the internet-savvy gaming population as a whole is overwhelmingly male. We have had a few "famous" female users in the past, and we do still retain some.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Could be, but the mods are pretty much on top of stuff here and the members here seem pretty respectful of females. It actually seems like some of the females sometimes are the ones that think they need to show off just to be accepted. But that is not the case. Unless you look for sales you probably will never know about this site though. Sometimes it will be mentioned in some article for sales or you may see it on google. On google it pops up for cheats and whenver someone makes a thread that is really good.

That's how I found this site, roaming Google for some sales information on Final Fantasy XIII. Random encounter, but glad I found it (:

Kantor said:

Hello. I'm the guy who locked that thread. I see no reason to confine an entire gender to one thread, and to keep the other gender out >_>

I do hope (and expect) you won't face any discrimination or inappropriate comments here, but if you do, just hit the report button and we'll deal with it.

And this may be a huge generalisation, but I think the internet-savvy gaming population as a whole is overwhelmingly male. We have had a few "famous" female users in the past, and we do still retain some.

I'll be sure to make the report button my best friend, should need be. I agree with your generalization though. It's unfortunate that not more female gamers know about this site, but that's how the gamer world revolves : Thanks for the heads up guys!

안녕하세요, oh!sayHUN 입니다! — living, loving life @ 04201990 · personal · chocoalatte

Hello fellow nerds. I was lurking around here until I decided to make a profile randomly, so here I am. My name suggests that I am in fact, a Seahawks fan (American Football) and a Zelda fan (favorite franchise). Been playing games on several different consoles since the early 90s and a little bias towards Nintendo. Been on each of their systems every generation, and plan to do so for quite some time.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

spurgeonryan said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Hello fellow nerds. I was lurking around here until I decided to make a profile randomly, so here I am. My name suggests that I am in fact, a Seahawks fan (American Football) and a Zelda fan (favorite franchise). Been playing games on several different consoles since the early 90s and a little bias towards Nintendo. Been on each of their systems every generation, and plan to do so for quite some time.

Welcome! Are you from Washington State then?

You should feel most at home in our Nintendo forums. Click on the forum index to find them.

Lived here for 2 years, actually from Arizona. 

Forgot to mention that I own a SNES, N64, GC, Wii, DS, (getting a 3DS if I save my money up right), PSONE, PSP, and PC. Used to own a PS2, but it broke.

Ya, I have been lingering over there. Lots of news as of late, but that is normal for holidays around the corner. Thanks for the tip!

how new is considered new anyways? I have like 9 warning msgs in my inbox which are all ban notices I think which I never even bothered to open anymore, am I new? =P

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
dahuman said:
how new is considered new anyways? I have like 9 warning msgs in my inbox which are all ban notices I think which I never even bothered to open anymore, am I new? =P

Well until recently I do not think many of the new members really knew you to well, so you are new to the noobies.

I tend to go in a cycle of sensible posts to technical posts then to a period of trolling then get banned for awhile laughing my ass off then come back again, lets see how long I last this time muwahahaha.

spurgeonryan said:
Zelhawks37 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Zelhawks37 said:

You should feel most at home in our Nintendo forums. Click on the forum index to find them.

Forgot to mention that I own a SNES, N64, GC, Wii, DS, (getting a 3DS if I save my money up right), PSONE, PSP, and PC. Used to own a PS2, but it broke.

Ya, I have been lingering over there. Lots of news as of late, but that is normal for holidays around the corner. Thanks for the tip!

I lived 20 minutes south of Olympia for about 21 years before I moved to Tennesse and now Illinois.

Rains a lot doesn't it? ;) Especially coming from Arizona.

When I landed on the plane, it rained like crazy. Love every minute of it, especially the rare snow occurances. Lately it has been surprisingly dry. That will change in the coming weeks thanks to fall though.

Zelhawks37 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Zelhawks37 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Zelhawks37 said:

I lived 20 minutes south of Olympia for about 21 years before I moved to Tennesse and now Illinois.

When I landed on the plane, it rained like crazy. Love every minute of it, especially the rare snow occurances. Lately it has been surprisingly dry. That will change in the coming weeks thanks to fall though.

I just want winter so I can go snowboarding again, that's the thing I look forward to every year, prolly no gehttoquamie this time though, aiming for just Stevens, and Crystal if I have the time to go that far.I fucking hate the sun anyways so it's a good area to be.

dahuman said:
Zelhawks37 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Zelhawks37 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Zelhawks37 said:

I just want winter so I can go snowboarding again, that's the thing I look forward to every year, prolly no gehttoquamie this time though, aiming for just Stevens, and Crystal if I have the time to go that far.I fucking hate the sun anyways so it's a good area to be.

I just love the look of snow personally, but probably its just because I am new to it. 19 years and have never seen snow, which is quite strange. Yes, the sun and 120 degree (48 C) weather wear down on you eventually. The one thing I like about summer here is that I can play basketball every once in a while, which is fun. Suck at it, but still.

h-hi im sal

d-do you like videogames